This position is eligible for remote working opportunities within the United Kingdom.
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 1,000+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients' needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress
within their organisations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge.
We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount to do. We’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
AlphaSights' Frontend Engineers build features across our ecosystem of products, both internal and client facing. As a frontend engineer you will build ambitious web applications, on the edge of what is possible with today’s browsers. You'll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, and get feedback directly from users.
We're looking for people who are interested in building software systems to an incredibly high standard, comfortable working across multiple languages, and learn quickly when new technologies are introduced. We want our senior engineers to lead the thinking in their area of expertise and encourage everyone around them to continuously improve.
- Build and own our frontend architecture
- Push the boundaries of modern frontend engineering to build fast and ambitious web applications
- Work closely with our Product Team to build features that have significant business impact
- Design elegant and intuitive UI components
- Drive forward thinking for frontend technologies at AlphaSights
- Proactively identify and improve our front-end developer experience
- Work in small, nimble teams
- Understand our business context deeply and leverage your engineering knowledge to propose creative solutions to problems
- Contribute to our open source projects
You might be a fit if you:
- Is experienced leading high performing engineering teams, and setting high standards in front-end development
- Understand the complexities of the DOM and CSS, especially how they interact
- Interpret UI performance metrics and address issues accordingly
- Know and understand the implications of the latest developments in ECMAScript
- Learn from and mentor other engineers
- Reason about trade-offs when discussing frontend technologies
- Navigate and write backend code where necessary
Who you would work with:
- You would join a dynamic, multinational, and diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative environment
- We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science and Engineering schools
- Your co-workers will include motivated recent graduates as well as experienced industry leaders from companies such as Google and Amazon
Don't worry if your experience or background doesn't match all of these areas, we believe a broad spectrum of experience
provides great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways and we’d love to hear from you.
Find out more: http://engineering.alphasights.com