Wells Media Group is a B2B media company specializing in news and business intelligence for the property casualty industry. Our websites are the top trafficked information destinations for the property casualty industry.
We are looking for a leader of our online development team. In this role you will play an important role in the strategy and advancement of our websites, email newsletters, advertising and marketing solutions, paid subscriptions, ecommerce, mobile apps and data initiatives. You will oversee the company technology infrastructure. You will get to see your ideas directly result in increased conversions and revenue.
Environment is primarily Wordpress + Laravel.
US based only.
- You are experienced leading a team of talented people and care about their success.
- You are a good communicator.
- You look for the best solution not the first.
- You suggest new ideas when there's a better solution.
- You like to understand the motivation behind the work and how it fits the overall goals.
- You are customer focused and able to view things from the customer perspective.
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment with a lot of moving parts.
- You are continuously learning new techniques and best practices.
- You have a keen attention to detail and accuracy.
What you'll do:
- Lead web team, communicate clear vision of objectives and motivate the team to achieve them.
- Take new features and products from concept to completion.
- Develop project plans, estimates for effort, timelines and budget.
- Present recommendations and solutions to grow business and improve competitiveness.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and refine project requirements and specifications.
- Improve efficiency of product development processes.
- Review and optimize existing products.
- Production troubleshooting.
- Oversee technology needs for the company, including web servers, desktops/laptops, phones, business software and security.
- Server administration including performance, backups, monitoring, uptime of web, database and cache servers.
- Evaluate technology needs and requirements and implement efficient and cost-effective solutions, manage vendor relationships.
- Oversee internal tech support (supporting internal users).
- Office 365 administration (Outlook, Teams and OneDrive).
- Experience with online advertising, online media.
- Expertise with Laravel and/or WordPress.
- Laravel ecosystem (Spark, Jetstream, livewire, Nova, Scout, etc)
- Strong understanding of web analytics.
- Familiar with SEO fundamentals, frontend and backend.
- Mobile platforms and framework experience.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your favorite feature of Laravel or PHP so I know you read the description.