Hey there 👋
My name is Dimitry and I’m the founder of Soar.sh
. We build productized marketing services that help startups grow, and we deliver them through a beautiful dashboard. Or so goes the pitch. The dashboard bit is still in progress.
We’ve been growing fast through Covid. Startups love our services and one of the areas that we believe holds the most potential is the platform and dashboard. As our service teams execute our various marketing campaigns, clients will have super easy, simple access to the key information they need. A dashboard for their marketing campaigns.
We’re looking for a talented developer with lots of experience building WordPress plugins and websites to join and lead our development team (of 2 devs) for https://soar.sh
In the past, WordPress development has been very PHP-heavy, but that is changing. React is taking over WordPress core, WooCommerce, and lots of plugins. So although working on our sites is still mostly PHP, I expect we’ll make stack adjustments as time goes on. Hoping you can help lead the charge on this as needed ;)
Overall, you’ll help us get organized, work with me to prioritize future feature sets, and then work with our existing dev to implement these within a reasonable timeline.
Although this is how you’ll start, we’ve shuffled people around lots in the past and we’ll certainly be planning and building new products in the future, so your role is certainly not set in stone.
- Develop our custom Woocommerce based platform on the soar website
- Own the architecture and planning of our Wordpress//Woocommerce platform.
- Collaborate with teams to spec out & prioritize plugin-level features based on difficulty and priority
- Work with design and marketing teams to improve front-end elements - new sections, pages, promotions, pricing, etc.
- Chip away at the backlog of fixes and improvements reported by our team
- Help maintain the servers running our sites (AWS)
- Help us build a great environment for devs to thrive. Documentation, QA standards, Staging environments. We need help from you to set the bar for these.
- Expert PHP development skills
- 3-5 years of advanced PHP development
- 3-5 years of HTML & CSS development
- 2 years of advanced WordPress plugin development
- 1 year working with git as source control
- Experience working with complex APIs like Amazon Web Services
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Work hours that overlap some with the EST timezone
- Self-motivated and work well independently
- Comfortable working remotely (we don’t have an office)
- Experience with modern JS frameworks (e.g. React, Vue.js, Angular)
- Experience developing with the Laravel framework
- System administration skills
- UX and design skills
- Open source contributions
We’re trying to build a great team with talented people. We’d like you to help us on this mission. Here are some of the core principles of working with our team
Work-life Balance & Flexible Hours ⏰
We are a remote-first company, we believe in focusing on working with the best talent no matter where you are located. We will make it work. We respect time zones and try our best to provide flexibility in your daily work life.
PTO & Holidays🏖
We work hard to make sure that we create a balanced environment that helps you avoid burnouts. We encourage everyone to take at least 35 days off per year. Just make sure to notify your team beforehand so we can balance the workload of your fellow teammates.
Mental & Physical Strength fund 💪
We want our team to be healthy both physically and mentally so we are happy to reimburse you up if you are going to a gym or take a meditation class - you pick!
Growth & Education Allowance📈
We want to make sure that you have the ability to grow - maybe you want to take a Udemy course, pick up some Linkedin Learning, or participate in a webinar. We encourage our team to learn new skills and better existing ones.
While a minor benefit, it is nice to be surprised sometimes. We try to wow you every year with a small token of appreciation - a logo t-shirt or paid lunch, event tickets, or small party - we try to figure something out regardless of being remote.
As a remote company, our “office” is highly dependent on Wifi. We are happy to help you cover this expense with up $50/month towards your Wifi bill.
Even though we are a small company, we strive to be fair about compensation. We make sure that you can live comfortably on your salary, no matter where you are. It is not easy to benchmark salaries in a remote company where our people are located all over the world but we continuously work on and improve our approach. Things we take into account when calculating the compensation are global averages per skillset, your local cost of living, your skills and experience.
I look forward to reviewing your applications
Best of luck,