Graduate / Junior Corrosion Engineer
Wood Thilsted (WT) is an advancing engineering company specialising in geotechnical and structural engineering of offshore wind farms. We are operating globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America. The company currently employs over 100 people working from offices in Denmark, the UK, US and Asia and we are searching for an ambitious Graduate / Junior Corrosion Engineer to join our company.
To our clients, we offer ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Areas of responsibility: As a Graduate / Junior Corrosion Engineer, your main objective will be to provide corrosion protection design support to WT engineers and our clients in the offshore wind industry.
Typical areas of work are likely to include:
- Corrosion protection design for offshore foundations including monopiles, jackets and other structures.
- Responsible for conducting corrosion simulations (cathodic protection) in proprietary software for WT projects.
- Work closely with WT engineers and specialist subcontractors as required.
- Undertake reliable and robust assessment of structures and designs using accepted methods and technologies, as well as seeking out innovative approaches and products for corrosion protection that will be beneficial to our clients.
- Contribute to report and specification writing for corrosion protection.
The opening applies for either of our offices in Copenhagen, Vejle, London or Bristol, based on local terms and conditions. There may be some travelling in Northern Europe, North America or Asia in relation to your work.
Your background: You should hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in mechanical / civil / electrical engineering, materials science or chemistry. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you possess:
- Experience in coding e.g. Matlab or other programming languages and/or experience with commercial finite element packages.
- Knowledge and interest in corrosion protection (specifically coatings and cathodic protection).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with clients and technical support.
- Initiative and independence, coupled with great team working skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- General interest in the offshore renewables engineering space
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences under skilled supervision and work on interesting assignments of global significance.
: Please apply using the link: http://woodthilsted.com/careers/
where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.