Head of Growth
It's an exciting time at OYNB and we're looking for a Head of Growth that will play a fundamental role in accelerating our growth even further as we focus on our subscription business.
Reporting directly to the Founder and CEO, we are looking for a strategic, data and results-driven individual who has experience in leading a marketing team and is passionate about all things digital marketing. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of digital marketing disciplines, including paid media, conversion optimisation, they will understand the need for powerful copy, engaging creative and strong data to grow. A good understanding of social media, SEO, email and content marketing and a working experience of how to leverage them in order to improve the customer journey and drive further growth within it are essential.
Previous experience in managing large customer acquisition and retention programmes/campaigns is highly desirable.
You will be responsible for a significant marketing budget and will therefore have proven experience in managing large media spend and results to show for it.
As a start-up at heart, we're constantly looking to innovate and improve our performance, you will therefore be at the forefront of change within the business, adept at testing, learning and optimising marketing activity and comfortable with working in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
You will have a team of digital marketing specialists reporting to you and therefore will need to be a confident leader and experienced people manager - able to get the best out of our internal team and working with our agency partners where needed to maximise overall performance.
Our mission is to change people's relationship with alcohol by supporting their alcohol-free journey through offering access to 28, 90 & 365 Alcohol-Free challenges, we use app-based technology to provide a life-changing experience, access to a global community and all the tools people need to totally transform their lives.
We are a preventative health company, helping people have a better relationship with alcohol, for some that means none, for many that just means less. Not drinking is not a pre-requisite for working at OYNB, however, we are confident that once you start working here, you will want to drink less, exercise more, and ultimately change your life in positive ways you never imagined. This is the by-product of working at OYNB. We change lives... yours too.
We're a dynamic start-up at a scaling-up stage looking for great talent to help us make an extraordinary impact on people's lives!
- In-depth knowledge of growth marketing and able to craft a growth marketing strategy that delivers results.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing disciplines including (but not limited to) paid media, social media, email marketing, SEO, content marketing.
- Experience in successfully leading a marketing team.
- Experience in managing large marketing budgets/media spend.
- Experience in the creation and execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns that deliver results.
- Experience in managing large customer acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Strategic and analytical thinking is key but you'll also be willing to get stuck into the finer detail.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across large projects and campaigns.
- Customer-centric understanding of digital businesses.
- Work together with the Founder and CEO to prioritise tasks that will deliver growth.
- Build and Manage the growth dashboard, help everyone across the org understand and interpret the numbers, and align their own work to help improve them.
- Lead a cross-functional team including engineering, design, copy and product.
- Run a metrics-driven process of rapid experimentation.
- Experienced using OKR's and prepared to implement and manage OKR's across the marketing team & projects.
- 4-7 years experience in marketing for a consumer-facing tech / online startup (SAAS, e-commerce, media/events or a marketplace). Previous experience in Subscription businesses would be very helpful.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build strong relationships and lead through influence.
- You will be naturally curious, with the ability to ask the right questions in order to optimise performance.
- A blend of analyst and leader, you will enjoy reviewing results as much as inspiring your team to be creative and deliver growth.
- You are an energetic and disciplined thinker with execution horsepower, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong passion for driving success in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- You are a natural, hands-on leader and engaged team player with strong interpersonal capabilities.
- You are highly organized with the ability to plan, prioritize, and execute at high velocity.
- You are an inquisitive learner with a strong creative drive to push the limits.
- You are incredibly people-oriented, with a relentless focus on the customer, communication, transparency, and teamwork.
- You are a confident communicator, able to juggle conflicting priorities in high-pressure situations.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Comfortable optimising direct-response copy that delivers measurable results, either as a writer yourself, or managing agencies or freelancers.
- Comfortable understanding and interpreting data and growth metrics (you don't need to pull the queries - though great if you can - you need to know what to ask for and understand the data).
- Able to patiently talk through disagreements, listen well and understand the points of view of others (while every business has disagreements, we have a very friendly culture with strong mutual respect).
- Good sense for user experience design and copy based on learnings from customer interviews.
- This is a long list, but we don't expect you to master all of these things. We're big believers in learn-as-you-go, and most of these channels are already up and running well. But you will need hands-on execution experience with at least three of the following:
- Paid social
- Conversion optimisation
- Referral marketing programs
- Onboarding and activation email sequences
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Retention marketing
- Activation marketing
- Direct response copywriting (emails, ads, landing pages)
- UX design (landing pages, signup flows)
- "Jobs To Be Done" and customer interviews
Apply because you want to: Make a difference in the world, wake up thinking, how can I change more lives?
Work remotely as a full team member... (We've been remote since COVID, and people love logging on to work every morning).
Work with a diverse, international team on a challenge that will positively impact the world.
Expand your repertoire to run many aspects of the marketing mix horizontally across channels, and vertically through the whole funnel.
This business has product-market fit and we're already on a strong growth trajectory with good unit economics. So you will have a chance to put some big wins on your CV wherever you are in your career.
And why would you want to work with us?
- The flexibility of working remotely.
- Full holiday allowance (25 days + English bank holidays).
- Highly competitive salary (60-80k) + Bonus + Equity
- Pension (3% contribution from the company)
- The best equipment and software to go about executing your day-to-day work
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
Job posted 2021-04-02