Forem is looking for a Head of Product. We are an open source community software company in need of an experienced product leader to bring direction, creativity and empathy to this role.
Forem is a codebase which powers online communities. Our company operates dev.to
, while distributing the code as freely licensed open source software. We run a Forem hosting service called Forem Cloud and develop supporting software for the Forem ecosystem, such as our mobile app.
As Forem grows, we need dedicated direction and leadership on our product team and are looking for a compassionate leader with product experience to complement the skills of our founders and company leaders in design and engineering.
What you’ll do
- Drive the product life cycle from problem identification to launch to evaluation
- Utilize customer feedback to inform our product strategy and process
- Convert meaningful inputs from various stakeholders into valuable outputs
- Coordinate with stakeholders within the organization to ensure succinct product development
- Facilitate product prioritization, communication, and coordination amongst all stakeholders
- Work closely with design and engineering leadership to define and maintain a product roadmap that is aligned with company goals and initiatives
- Create alignment internally and externally on how we communicate about our products & services
- Propose and implement improvements to our product planning processes
- Act as the product point of contact for specific projects; quickly identify root causes, provide solutions and communicate clear explanations to other department heads.