Skuad is a global employment platform that manages global payroll, compliance, and taxation for companies so that they can build exceptional distributed teams - anywhere.
Backed by top VCs, Skuad has quickly established itself as a changemaker in the world of remote work. The company has seen triple-digit growth over the last 12 months and is now looking to expand its presence globally.
As the Head of Product, Payments you would cover - Invoicing, Deposits, Payroll Automation, Domestic Payments, International Payments, Payment Integrations and Embedded Finance Products (Insurance, Leasing, Credit Cards etc) ensuring a cohesive overall proposition for our customers for all of their Payroll and invoicing needs.
You are a digital native with a natural intuition for design and technology, coupled with a strategic mindset. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with high degrees of ambiguity, get excited by solving complex problems and are happy to roll your sleeves up and get things done.
What you’ll do as a Product Manager, Payments
- Manage the product for Customer Deposits, Invoicing, Payroll Automation, Domestic Payments, and FX, International Payments and embedded financial offerings, working closely with the Sales, Operations and Partnerships teams to drive deeper customer engagement
- Provide industry knowledge, experience, and best practices to help the team stay ahead of the curve in keeping our payments engine and operations efficient and compliant.
- Be the voice of the customer in the definition of your product/service, and collaborate with other product owners to converge on a broader coherent proposition
- Build and empower a team of Cross border payment and FX product developers, analysts and specialists. Lead and inspire them. Have a passion for a deep understanding of their day to day work and advocate for outcomes for the team.
- Develop the team’s vision and objectives. In line with Skuad’s mission, work with the team to design and execute on short- and long-term goals ensuring accountability through quarterly OKR processes.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team from project inception to scoping, design, concept testing and delivery. Define and manage the product backlog, prioritising feature releases in line with the broader roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Engineering, Product, Risk, Accounts and Operations to build a roadmap to support Skaud's product and features. Collaborate with finance to drive strategies with Financial Partners and deliver value to customers.
- Champion payments compliance efforts and support other audit & compliance initiatives across the organization (SOC1, MTL, financial statement audits, etc).
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Develop insight including use of market data to shape strategies on payroll processing, invoicing and payments
What we are looking for:
Leadership and Team-Building You’ve grown and managed multi-tiered teams of 10+ members. Experience with outsourced teams or shared services centers preferred.
Experience You’ll have 10+ years of relevant experience, empowering operational teams and developing processes, ideally as part of a Payments organization in a FinTech or other Financial Institution.
Global Payments Expertise - Deep industry knowledge of global payments processing and payments fraud.
Customer-centric; you can understand customers’ pain points and use this to create the perfect ideas, you put the customer at the center of every product build and never lose touch.
Operational Excellence - You are passionate about operational excellence and efficiency. You have an ability to spot unusual patterns and sharp attention to detail.
Analytical - Excellent analytical skills, including ability to use business intelligence tools, and sort through complex data to articulate business trends and implications.
Discipline - Excellent time-management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Is extremely process and policy oriented.
Attitude - Goal-oriented, positive, and proactive. Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment. Can communicate effectively with senior leaders.