Catch Co. is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Social Strategy & Execution to own an impactful agenda across our organic social activities. With more than 2 million followers/subscribers, we already have sizable reach across platforms and need someone to help take our social presence to the next level. This person will own organic social channel strategy, content prioritization, day-to-day execution, community management, analytics and optimization, and pilots in tactical areas like shoppable social. Based on our company’s stage of growth, this role is a unique mix of hands-on execution and strategic planning in collaboration with a broad range of cross-functional stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Develop and continuously update social strategy for our many brands across networks (including FB/IG, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube).
- Build rolling content calendars and execution plans based on a deep understanding of consumers in this category and an ability to dive into data to uncover opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal content creators to develop the right mix of assets required to execute against that plan.
- Own post scheduling directly in social platforms as well as in our social media management system.
- Monitor results at various levels of granularity to optimize our organic social activities both in real-time and over a longer-term horizon.
- Execute against a robust community strategy, spanning digital and real-world activities.
- Spearhead pilots and full-scale rollout of new offerings in strategically important areas like shoppable social.
- Set a range of qualitative / quantitative KPIs and ensure effective delivery above targets.
- Work side-by-side daily with the Marketing and Creative teams and interact regularly with our business line GMs and others around the company.
What experience you need:
- 5+ years of diverse experience in the organic social space for a consumer-focused company.
- Thorough understanding of the required tradeoffs between creative freedom and data-driven rigor in executing a broad organic social agenda.
- Background in critical domains like community management as well as a comfort with more emerging areas like shoppable social.
- Extensive experience with platform-specific tools and interfaces (especially FB/IG and YouTube), as well as a familiarity with how those tools can be complemented with independent software solutions.
- Proven success in mixing direct management of people and tasks with an ability to effectively influence other key stakeholders.
- An ability to both think strategically and be hands-on with daily execution tasks.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
#happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.