Defiant, Inc. is seeking a proven expert in online education with experience developing online training curriculum as well as evaluation tests. In particular, we're looking for a highly self-motivated and driven instructional designer who shares our vision for improving WordPress security education. You will be empowered and supported to create, edit, and improve online course materials. The ideal candidate is an experienced instructional designer who can author new content and ensure consistent content quality across a wide range of formats. Qualified applicants should have experience creating course curriculum materials including written, audio, and visual including video. You must understand all aspects of the instructional design process from researching and writing new content to updating existing learning materials.
Are you excited about working for a technology company that is securing the web? Are you looking for full-time, flexible hours* working remotely from anywhere in the United States? If so, this may be your dream job!
*Required core hours of 10am - 1pm Pacific Time
- Create quality eLearning course material, including course design documents, course outlines, course descriptions, slides, diagrams, interactive exercises, videos, and assessments.
- Project manage the course development process through review and updates with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to envision and create course material via a variety of media formats.
- Design assessments and learning activities to assess knowledge transfer.
- Video script writing and production experience a plus.
- Manage translations via internal systems where required.
- Establish achievable goals and measure success.
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 2-5 years experience in developing curriculum, online learning courses, and assessments.
- Experience in information security education and testing a plus, bonus if you have security industry credentials and experience with industry-leading education and assessment programs.
- Proven track record of making technical educational and/or instructional content.
- Working knowledge of WordPress as a current user.
- Awareness of adult learning principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Graphic design principle knowledge and skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Independent and motivated to handle multiple complex projects and effectively adhere to deadlines and project plans.
- A lifelong learner mindset
- Fluency in languages other than English.
We review all applications submitted and respond to all candidates usually within a week. All interviews are done remotely with no travel involved.
All positions require a trial period of approximately 3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from an offer of employment with the company.
- Full time telecommuting and flexible working hours, with a company that has always been 100% remote for over 8 years.
- 100% employee premium and 50% of dependent premium paid by company for premier- level medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 21 days PTO per year to start.
- 12 paid company holidays including the week from December 25 to January 1.
- 401(k) with a 4% Safe Harbor company match that is 100% vested immediately.
- Latest in laptop and workstation technology.
- Wellness reimbursement program for health and fitness purchases.
- Mobile phone and internet reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Monthly beverage reimbursement for coffee, tea, water, etc.
- Paid training and study time for work-related training and certifications.
- College tuition reimbursement.
Diversity at Defiant
We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, economic status, parental status, or any other non-performance-related status.