Commercial Insurance Middle Market IT is seeking a n IT Operations Manager for the Commercial Insurance Whitehouse Station, NJ office.
- Drive resolution to Problems, Incidents, and Outages Impacting CIMM applications by coordinating activities aligned with CIMM IT employees, Production Support Contractors, and the Chubb Command Center.
- Serve as Business Relationship Manager for a team comprised of vendor Application Developers and Support Engineers within the IT department of Commercial Insurance Middle Market Serves (CIMM IT). This team specializes in .NET, SQL Server, BizTalk, Java , COBOL, DB2, WebSphere, MQ and other niche technologies.
- Lead maintenance, security and compliance projects for CIMM IT applications by coordinating with Chubb Infrastructure, Chubb Security, and CIMM application development and support teams.
- Coordinate the Release Management process with other Release Managers, Approvers, Developers, and Chubb infrastructure.
- Act as Portfolio Manager/ Owner for Chubb applications driving technology obsolescence and responding to questions/requests from the Chubb enterprise and CIMM IT.
- Ensure CIMM IT is meeting all the SLAs and KPIs defined for all the production applications
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Commercial Lines Senior Managers and Leadership to maintain multiple Commercial Insurance Applications with a production support responsibility for multiple applications.
- Serve as the Interface with Chubb CIMM application team resources to drive and coordinate production support issue resolution and implementation of permanent fixes, and small enhancements for CIMM IT applications.
- Interface with vendor representatives for 3rd party applications while coordinating maintenance and security upgrades and resolving system outages.
- Coordinate with Branch Resource Center team on production incident management
- Act as an escalation point for all issues deems appropriate by business.
- Approve of database fixes, system onboarding requests, and code releases according to the Chubb process for each.
- Submit Service Now and Jira tickets where applicable to request work be completed by Chubb Infrastructure and CIMM IT vendor teams in order to upgrade and secure CIMM IT systems.
- Prioritize, manage, and ensure the development and implementation of problem trackers and small changes.
- Drive resolution to outages and performance issues including rotation of manager on call responsibilities for week night, batch overnight, and weekends.
- Collaborate closely with technology management in prioritization / planning to understand future resource needs
- Run weekly ticket technical review meetings with IT and business and assist with ticket prioritization.
- Help determine which items can be added to each monthly bundle and adjust based on unforeseen need.
- Analyze business and technology requirements and outline the proposed technology solution.
- Work with your various teams to make sure release requests are complete and on time.
- Develop a relationship with the Chubb Release team to assist in getting the required approvals.
- Promote effective teamwork and the use of knowledge management processes and tools
- Ensure clear metrics are defined, implemented, and tracked to measure performance, skills, throughput, and quality of development work
- Translate security and maintenance requests into actionable projects that you drive for CIMM IT.
- Maintains and communicates an effective release schedule.
- Establishes strong relationships by working closely with project managers, technical leads and test leads to track project statuses.
- Oversees release validation to ensure the release is operating as expected.
- Conducts release sunset reviews to determine what went well and what needs improvement.
- Ensures SOX and Audit requirements are met with each release and establishes\enhances processes to ensure compliance.
- Performs primary Release Coordination function within CPI IT and establishes coverage when needed following documented procedures and processes.
- Manages the software code lifecycle including the versioning, merging and migration of source code.
- Manages, coordinates, and maintains the automated regression test process.
- Proactively identifies issues and determines effective resolutions.
- College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years progressive experience with thin client systems and applications development including systems/ application analysis and design
- Experience with the project lifecycle and the application development lifecycle
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of design and programming techniques
- Knowledge of Commercial Insurance product domain
- Familiarity with ITIL framework and production workflow tracking software Service Now and Jira.
- Experience with staff augmentation within the IT Industry
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Experience leading a team of application developers and support engineers
- Experience with providing guidance and direction to staff
- Experience in initiating, conducting, and facilitating discussions with multiple stakeholders, and ability to translate the results and issues at hand to the business and to the IT teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job country: United States
City: Whitehouse Station
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other
Location: Whitehouse Station, NJ, United States
Job posted 2022-06-04