At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Business Execution Consultant in Digital & Automated Investing as part as Wealth and Investment Management. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.In this role, you will:
The Digital & Automated Investing (D&AI) business is comprised of a dynamic and fast paced team responsible for attracting the next generation investor and deepening client relationships through Wells Fargo partnerships, competitive digital investing offerings, and approximately 150 Financial Advisors centrally located in St. Louis, Charlotte, and Salt Lake City.
Provides one-on-one sales coaching within larger, more complex product line/market/business segment. Develops new or re-designs existing coaching protocols and/or programs to meet business needs. Evaluates the effectiveness of sales coaching and/or programs and provides feedback and recommendations to management. Effectively communicates in both small and large groups, deliver impactful training content, and foster audience engagement and participation.
- Acts as a business partner in providing necessary tools and resources to sales members to the increase the sale of financial products and services.
- Analyzes performance trends, identifies developmental needs and provides coaching techniques and recommendations to improve sales performance.
- Acts as a product knowledge and sales process resource for sales force and company management. Collaborates with management in the communication and implementation of regional and/or corporate business/sales initiatives.
- May provide leadership, guidance, work direction and mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Consults and provides guidance on the development, implementation, and monitoring of significant matters regarding strategic approaches, effectiveness of support function, business performance improvement opportunities, and helping to manage the risks for the applicable business functions.
- Utilizes thorough knowledge of the business unit's functional area or products to support strategic initiatives for the business.
- 2+ years of Business Operations or Leadership experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 exam to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 66 (or 63 and 65) exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- 2+ year of experience in project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services.
- 2+ years of experience coaching and developing a team
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Business development experience
- Knowledge and understanding of banking products and services
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to provide strong customer service while listening, eliciting information efficiently, comprehending, and resolving complex customer issues
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
We Value Diversity
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
City: St. Louis
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States