The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) provides each assigned resident with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by supervisors. The person holding this position is delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
**NO CERTIFICATION? WE'LL PAY FOR YOU TO BE CERTIFIED**
- Excellent Pay
- Generous Sign-on Bonus Full Time - up to $4500 for Spanish Speaking; Part-time up to $2500 for Spanish Speaking
- Referral Bonus $2500
- Shift Diferrentials $2.50 extra
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Holidays including Birthdays
- Group Health / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Records all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts etc.
- Reports all changes in resident’s condition to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse
- Performs all assigned tasks in accordance with the facilities established policies and procedures and as instructed by supervisors
- Follow work assignments and or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks
- Ensures that residents’ room is ready for receiving residents
- Inventories and marks residents’ personal possessions as instructed
- Transports residents to new rooms or receiving area
- Assists residents with daily dental and mouth care (ie. Brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouth care, etc.)
- Assists residents with bath functions (ie. Bedbath, tub or shower bath etc.) as directed
- Assists residents with dressing/undressing as necessary
- Assists residents with hair care functions (ie. Combing, brushing, shampooing etc.)
- Assists residents with nail care (ie. Clipping, trimming and cleaning the finger/toenails, not including diabetic residents)
- Shaves residents as needed
- Keeps residents dry
- Makes beds
- Maintain intake and output records as instructed
- Assists in preparing for medical tests
- Assists with activity and social programs
- Checks each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes
- Provides post-mortem care as instructed
- Unencumbered, active CNA certification in the state of employment.
- Possess a sincere desire to work with elders and others with a limited capacity for self-care.
- Mental and physical capacity to perform the essential job functions with or without accommodations.
- Work with and provide care to individuals of a wide range of personality types and maturity levels.
- Demonstrate creative initiative and mature judgment in making competent decisions.
- Consistently maintains courteous, empathetic, and professional attitude.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Maintain confidentiality of all activity, persons, and records.
- Communicate and comprehend orally and in writing to effectively receive and share information as necessary to perform job duties.
- Transportation accessible to enable flexibility of work schedule.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a GED and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Course (120 hours)
- Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with the laws of this state
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, This company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training