Industry Leader in Benefit Solutions, Boon, is Seeking a Client Onboarding Specialist!
Role Type: Full-time with benefits
Compensation: $50,000 to $65,000 annual salary depending on relevant experience
Location: Hybrid In-office/Remote opportunity. 3 days in-office (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) and 2 days remote (Monday & Friday). The office is located at 6300 Bridge Point Pkwy Bldg. 3, Ste. 200, Austin, TX 78730.
Boon Offers Excellent Benefits, Including:
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k and match, generous PTO/vacation time (15 days starting), holiday pay (16 days per year), and more
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- We Care: We're all about culture and creating a positive environment that cares
Client Onboarding Specialist Role:
The Client Onboarding Specialist (internally titled "Implementation Manager") works closely with clients, brokers, external vendors, and most departments at Boon and is responsible for managing project timelines, gaining a granular understanding of a new client’s business needs, establishing and documenting processes to support those needs, and ultimately the successful onboarding of newly sold cases.
Client Onboarding Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 1+ years new account and/or customer implementation, onboarding, account management, and/or project management experience with similar role skillsets highly preferred
- Processional acumen with a strong preference for candidates that have been in a customer-facing role prior
- State Life and Health (Group 1) insurance license a plus (must be eligible for licensing within first 90 days of employment)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and intermediate experience in the use of Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, etc.); CRM Software such as Salesforce and JIRA is a plus
- General knowledge of employee benefit plans is a plus
The Right Person for the Client Onboarding Specialist Role has:
- Service-oriented mindset with strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in project scope and varying deliverables
- Ability to explain and understand complex business concepts
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Resourceful can-do attitude with creative problem-solving ability
- Consultative approach with a solutions-oriented mindset
Client Onboarding Specialist Day-to-Day:
- Serves as the primary point of contact and advocate for new clients and renewals during the implementation phase
- Ensures project timeline is adhered to and deliverables are met on schedule
- Sets and resets expectations with internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitates and hosts internal and external conference calls with clients, brokers, and vendors
- Establishes and documents client’s business rules in support of client’s business objectives
- Facilitates set-up of new clients with various vendors and internally in Boon’s proprietary systems
- Tracks tasks, identifies opportunities, anticipates potential obstacles, and finds solutions
- Formulates and communicates plan of action and resolution for all escalated deliverables
- Supports and collaborates with Sales and Client Relations Departments, including occasional travel
- Follow the company policies and procedures required to comply with applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements, including but not limited to SOC controls, and HIPAA Privacy and Security regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
As an industry innovator with 35+ years of experience, at Boon, we specialize in designing innovative fringe benefit solutions to meet the unique needs of government contractors. Our “3 Cs” approach to benefits for government contractors, allow us to create products that are compliant, cost-effective, and, above all, competitive.
Boon supports independent agents, insurance brokers, and consultants to better serve your clients with government contracts. We act as a third-party administrator (TPA), wholesaler, and subject matter expert for thousands of insurance consultants who do business with us today. We take great value in nurturing and building this network to meet the needs of new prospects and continue to deliver to existing clients, as a cornerstone of our partnership philosophy.