Leading Insurance Company, Alliance Insurance Group under AssuredPartners, is seeking a Workers Compensation Account Manager to add to their Commercial Lines Team!
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience + quarterly bonus potential
Location: Hybrid in-office/remote position based in either of our Oregon locations: 5005 Meadows Road, Suite 402, Lake Oswego, OR 9703 or 941 Oak Street, Eugene, Oregon 97405.
Work Hours: Full-time Monday-Friday between 8:00am to 5:00pm PST. Additional flexibility offered with tenure.
AssuredPartners - Alliance Insurance Group has Excellent Benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 15 Days PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays plus 1 Floating Holiday
- 2 Volunteer Days
Commercial Account Manager Role Summary:
The Account Manager is responsible for providing service support at the direction of the Workers’ Compensation (WC) Practice Leader. The Account Manager provides customer service by handling the day-to-day operations of clients' insurance needs. The Account Manager works will work with the Producer and Senior Account Manager to design proper insurance and risk management services for clients.
Commercial Account Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Develops complete client information and applications for new and renewal business under the direction of the Producer, Senior Account Executive, or Account Executive. Identifies and requests renewal exposures. Guides clients through the renewal process, in conjunction with the Producer, Senior Account Executive, or Account Executive, and submits requests to carriers according to the renewal process timetable, follows up with carrier underwriters, and completes the appropriate renewal per Agency procedures. Reviews experience modifiers.
- Processes change requests/endorsements, binders, certificates, account summaries, proposals, policies, lost policy releases, audit, and account balance status when requested. Ensures that these items are given to client in a timely manner. Initiates appropriate correspondence with carriers and clients. Responds to requests from clients and insurance companies.
- Maintains files with proper records according to company procedures. Maintains good internal file audit results.
- Assists in the development of strong business relationships with appropriate insurance carrier personnel. Recognizes and satisfies carrier goals and objectives in order to enhance business relationships.
- Follows company procedures with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Ensures accuracy of account information for both new and renewal policies, endorsements, and audits for accuracy in rating, coverage, signatures, and enters these transactions to generate billing invoices in a timely manner.
- Reviews all premium audits according to Agency procedures recognizing that the Agency must process in a timely manner.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellation and follows cancellation procedures accordingly.
- Refers current and prospective clients to other Agency departments for solicitation of other lines of business. Participates in required continuing professional development.
- Must possess knowledge of class code information and application to job descriptions and State Rules for application.
- Understanding of Experience Modifiers, working with various Rating Bureaus and understanding of Experience Mods are calculated. Ability to perform Experience Mod projections via ModMaster.
- Determines changes in ownership and correct steps to take to reconcile changes via issuance of new policies, and filing of correct State forms with Carrier.
Commercial Account Manager Requirements:
- 2+ years of Commercial Lines Insurance experience in an Account Management/Client Servicing role within a non-captive Agency setting.
- Active Property & Casualty Insurance License required.
- Strong experience with Workers’ Compsensation policy management highly preferred.
- Senior Living industry experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree preferred, but not required.
- Basic level of Excel knowledge required (such as basic formulas, etc.)
- Experience with Agency Management Software (Applied Epic and/or Sagitta preferred).
About AssuredPartners - Alliance Insurance Group:
Representing over 50 carrier experts and more than $84 million in premiums, Alliance was built on the belief that our client’s commercial insurance dollars should come back to work for them.
We treat each client transaction as part of a larger, ongoing relationship. This holistic approach leverages our extensive carrier-side experience and positive carrier relationships to effectively manage cost, broaden coverage, customize details, and minimize exclusions. Acting as your business consultant and advocate, Alliance is redefining the broker-client relationship in the 21st century.
In 2016, Alliance Insurance Group became part of AssuredPartners, Inc. (AP), the 13th largest broker of U.S. business (as ranked by Business Insurance in the July 2017 Edition, featuring the “100 Largest Brokers of U.S. Business”).