Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Manages the development, review, and revision of contractual arrangements with outside organizations doing business with Parkland and its programs to ensure compliance with Parkland’s policies and procedures.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in contract development, contract management/administration, purchasing/procurement or supply chain operations experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Demonstrates a high level of business acumen relative to the financial impact of contractual agreements.
- Must have basic Microsoft Office Suite software understanding and experience.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment, supporting other members of their respective team.
- Develops, in concert with Legal Affairs, bilateral agreements and contractual documents for service, supply, and equipment requirements, as well as, contract documents for specific and unique requirements. Determines the need for additional contractual protection beyond purchase order terms and conditions.
- Acts as a liaison between Purchasing, Legal Affairs and Accounting staff to ensure contract documents are prepared in an accurate and timely manner for Board of Manager and County Commissioner review and approval.
- Updates a database of all-current and expired contracts and agreements involving Parkland to ensure compliance with Parkland policies and procedures. Utilizes database to initiate renewal process of contracts and agreements prior to expiration.
- Maintains form agreements, which may be modified to meet the needs of specific departments, thereby shortening the time involved in the contract review process and guaranteeing that all contracts meet Parkland policy and procedure guidelines
- Establishes and cultivates a positive working relationship with management, vendors, other hospitals, employees, federal, state and local agencies, etc., to ensure that all pertinent needs are met.
- Complete contract management functions for assigned contracts including but not limited to invoice reconciliation, quality/performance metric reporting/compliance, vendor management and contract close out.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other