ABOUT THE COMPANY
- Our client is a leading manufacturing organization looking to add a Controller to their Accounting team. This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and oversee a team of 3 individuals. Our client has been in business for over 70 years, they are a leader in their industry. They are a privately held organization, and 2022 is looking to be an exciting year!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER:
- The Controller is responsible for maintaining an effective system of financial controls and reporting systems to issue timely and accurate financial statements as required by the SEC, investors, business partners and management.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm finances by coordinating audits; provide information to external auditors.
- Direct preparation of reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position for management and investors.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to regulatory requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain accounting staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching and training employees.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Maintain ERP system for the organization
- Interface with other departments, VP – Finance, CFO, CEO, and the audit committee.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE CONTROLLER ROLE:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, Masters a Plus
- SEC Filing Experience
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Advanced Excel
Job country: United States
City: Elk Grove Village
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL, United States
Job posted 2022-06-11