Administrative And Business Operations
Supply Chain And Logistics
Science And Research
Community And Human Services
Travel Attractions And Events
Quest Diagnostics is hiring
This job is expired
Histotechnologist II - CA - West Hills, CA - Tuesday through Saturday
$10,000 sign-on bonus
1. Performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
2. Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I/II and Histotechnologist I.
3. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
4. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
5. May perform gross tissue examination (high complexity testing) if meets personnel qualifications set forth by the 1988 CLIA CFR 493. 1489 and the corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Gross Tissue Examinations SOP.
6. Ensure proper tissue processing.
7. Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
8. Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
9. Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
10. Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
11. Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
12. Obtain and validate control tissue used in special stains.
13. Perform all special stain procedures.
14. May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
15. May obtain and validate control material used in IHC procedures.
16. May perform IHC testing.
17. Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
18. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
19. Provide training and guidance to Histotechnicians/Histotechnologists, students and lab aides.
20. Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and documents all quality control activities; has the ability to recognize outliers and correct them.
21. Differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing, embedding, cutting and staining of tissue specimens.
22. May be required to develop, execute, or validate new procedures.
23. Capable of identifying problems that may affect test performance or reporting of test results and resolve or immediately report to histology supervisor/manager, technical supervisor, or director.
24. Capable of providing coverage in the absence of the histology supervisor/manager or lead Histotechnologist for a limited period of time.
25. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
26. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
27. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- AA, AS or BS degree or equivalent training and experience
- 3-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist I
- HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)Demonstrates knowledge of and can perform IHC testing.
- Qualification in Immunohistochemistry (QIHC) obtained through ASCP is preferred..