Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left? The answer: People. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Urbandale, IA office:
What can you expect?
- Translates business strategies and objectives into business requirements.
- Identifies, verifies and documents functional and operational requirements using requirements management methodology and tools.
- Test and analyze final requirements.
- Ensures requirements are communicated effectively to parties responsible for technical development and implementation.
- Manage data and reporting requests.
- Helps to develop and deliver training and supplemental materials.
What is in it for you?
- Benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD and Life Insurance, a generous 401k match and PTO allowance, Employee Stock Purchase program, and Tuition Reimbursement, with benefits starting Day 1
- A culture of internal mobility, diversity, and inclusion, in a collaborative environment with a casual dress code
- A company-wide emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility - all colleagues receive 8 hours of paid time off for volunteering, with the option to join our organized group activities
- Opportunities to get involved with resource groups, guest speaker lectures, career development events, volunteering, social activities, and more
- Flexible work opportunities to ensure a healthy work/life balance
We will count on you to:
- Track and report on broker distribution, submission level, renewal retention and rate changes
- Provide analysis of type of policies, business volume, claims incurred, loss ratio and general status of inforce programs
- Perform rate reviews on in force programs
- Provide rate indications for new and renewal large accounts
- Carry out reserve analysis for in force programs
- Interact directly with department managers, Insurance Carriers and program clients
- Work interdependently on programs utilizing both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
What you need to have:
- Knowledge working with database structures and query techniques
- Specific skills in using Microsoft Excel, Access and SQL is preferred
- Prior work experience in the insurance industry preferred
- An enthusiastic team player, you are self-motivated and enjoy working in a self-directed manner
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelors Degree in a Related Field (Actuarial Science, Math or Computer Science) Preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in the Property & Casualty Insurance arena
- Knowledge and Understanding of SCRUM and Agile environments
- Completion of a few Casualty Actuarial Society (Society of Actuaries) exams
- Knowledge of Qlik Sense / QlikView is also considered an asset
We Are Marsh
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).