At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo's Strategy, Digital and Innovation team is hiring a Lead Business Execution Consultant to support the Head of Operations. This team oversees the strategy, priorities and operations for the Head of Innovation & SDI Operations including but not limited to determining the best mechanism to ensure that Innovation related efforts are executed with the right level of oversight and controls. By providing leadership, strategic planning experience, and executive business support, this role will initially focus on supporting a high-performing team that will be the foundation for important business outcomes across SDI that include but are not limited to: focused investments that strengthen customer satisfaction; increased digitization and automation; drive innovation and a culture committed to continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include the following:
- Supporting the development and execution of key strategic priorities, objectives and key results for the team and the leaders of the organization.
- Drive process optimization to ensure streamlined operations across the various teams
- Conceptualize and lead current and future Innovation Challenges for internal and external markets
- Establish key communication goals and principles to be incorporated into resources, such as creation of an Innovation Operations Playbook
- Supporting the launch of Emerging product types in crypto, blockchain and payments with the appropriate guardrails
- Influence and navigate across the business, driving the right outcomes based on business needs
- Maintain a holistic view of activities across the business and ensure that issues are proactively identified, addressed appropriately, measured, and escalated (when necessary)
- Build a high performing organization and ensure proper staffing and expertise exists at the line of business level and build capabilities, processes and teams that meet heightened risk management expectations
The successful candidate will have accomplishments in building and leading high performing, industry-leading customer focused teams in the financial services industry. This executive will have experience leading a best-in-class organization leveraging highly disciplined business, financial, digital, data & analytic, and risk management processes. A Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Leadership - a strong organizational leader who is comfortable leading in a matrixed environment
- Influencing Skills - a proven ability as an effective and compelling communicator in both meeting room and large audience settings. Take complex and controversial subjects, bring clarity and ultimately drive to decisions. One who operates in a highly collaborative, yet decisive and results- oriented manner
- Strategic Thinking, Creativity and Implementation - thinks strategically and creatively about business problems, breaks down problems and presents solutions while evaluating the pros and cons of each option. Identifies business opportunities by delivering thoughtful analysis with strong logical thinking. Thinks in innovative ways about problems and issues and develops/ implements creative solutions to business problems
- Growth Mindset - A transformational leader with conviction, who is able to help others adopt and implement new strategies within a large, complex matrixed organization.
- 5+ years of Management Consulting, Strategy Consulting, or Business Operations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Markets, Banking Industry, Digital Platforms and products or significant exposure to equities products within a similar environment
- Understanding of Strategy, Digital & Innovation business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions and where they manifest risk
- Preparing and presenting executive summaries and leadership reporting on communication and engagement activities for a variety of purposes, including broadening leadership and business awareness
- Proven ability to build and lead high performing teams in a matrixed environment, ensure proper staffing and expertise exists and can coach and enable others in risk management and risk ownership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with an organized work style and the ability to work calmly in a high energy environment
- Discrete when handling confidential information
- Able to demonstrate a high level of integrity with a mature approach to work
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships across the enterprise at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge and will do so independently when necessary
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to develop and execute business vision, strategies, and goals
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
$115,900.00 - $206,100.00 AnnualBenefits
We Value Diversity
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other