SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.Job Description
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Our East Syracuse, NY laboratory is looking for an Inventory Control Specialist to join their team! The Inventory Control Specialist ensures our clients return the equipment we loan to them for their sampling event.
- Follows up with clients on pumps not returned on time from the Company’s FreePumpLoan™ program using LIMS inventory system.
- Follows up with clients on past due canisters, regulators, IOMs and any other type of loaned equipment not returned on time, using LIMS inventory system
- Follows up with clients on unreturned media.
- Informs management of problem accounts or accounts that require additional management involvement.
- Works closely with remote offices regarding revised orders and maintain daily spreadsheet.
- Operates within the guiding principles of the company.
- Responsible for listening to client in order to have a full understanding of any conversation that takes place and then being able to professionally document any conversations with client.
- Responsible for being 100% thorough when coming in contact with client whether it be verbally, in writing or through their sample submittals.
- Treats all customers with respect and utmost courtesy.
- Responsible for continually looking for ways to improve processes.
- Communicates any issues pertaining to client’s equipment
- Enter all client correspondence in LIMS CS call screen
- Unpack, receive. label, and restock all supplies daily and email groups when items need retrieving.
- Participate in quarterly inventory counts and daily inventory spot checks as needed, ensuring accuracy of records always.
- Researches and has complete understanding of client’s inventory prior to making calls or contact with clients (including 3 in 1 agreement, MSAs, invoices, etc.) as needed.
- Attends data integrity training and signs off acknowledging understanding and responsibility therein.
- Responsible for the timely response to all e-mail, voicemail, verbal and written requests.
- Ensures cleanliness of work area.
- Follows all guidelines for acceptable quality control, investigates quality control failures and rectifies problems and brings any discrepancies to their supervisor’s attention.
- Reviews, schedules and prioritizes workload, ensures that all QC procedures are followed and that they meet necessary criteria.
- Provides total client responsiveness.
- Understands and adheres to all aspects of the safety program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, AS or BS preferred.
- One year of general business experience
- Strong inventory management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong follow-up
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift/carry/push and/or pull upwards of 20 lbs on a regular basis
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other
Location: East Syracuse, NY, United States