At MPC, we’re committed to being a great place to work – one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
The Cloud Solution Architect role will be responsible for fostering the advancement of Azure PaaS technologies at Marathon, developing reference architecture, and targeting repeatable and automated deployments utilizing Infrastructure as Code.
The candidate must have mastery level knowledge of Azure PaaS and how to configure and deploy PaaS technologies in a standardized, repeatable, and secure manner. Working with a team of architecture and engineering Infrastructure SMEs, this position will help deliver the foundational building blocks Marathon’s development organizations need to redevelop using PaaS and harness the power of the cloud.
This position belongs to a family of jobs with increasing responsibility, competency, and skill level. Actual position title and pay grade will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Work in a collaborative organization with other senior level IT Architects to set direction for and execute project efforts targeting transformation of Marathon’s public cloud PaaS foundation into a modern, automated, efficient, well governed, and full featured offering.
- Develop reference architecture, standards, and processes as new technology is introduced.
- Take a lead role on agile teams setting direction, priority, and acceptance criteria for work aligned to the product roadmap. Act as a technical team lead: providing subject matter expertise to and coordinating the work of other team members.
- Develop roadmaps for Marathon’s ongoing infrastructure services evolution. Consider enterprise implications. Look beyond the immediate problem, considering efficiencies across organizations and synergies produced through enterprise standardization to appropriate systems of record.
- Provide consulting to application development teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions, providing associated training as required.
- Strong understanding of application and workload deployment within the cloud, ensuring system, resource and consumption-based monitoring are in place.
- Ensure work adheres to IT, Cybersecurity, and Business standards; targeting enforcement through policy and automation to minimize potential gaps.
- Research and evaluate alternative technical solutions, developing recommendations to improve total cost of solution ownership, system reliability, repeatability, and availability.
- Generate new and innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
- Perform special projects and other duties as required.
- The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of ten years of IT experience, 4+ years infrastructure experience in a very large IT organization, and be mastery level knowledge of Azure PaaS. Cloud certifications strongly preferred.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership, collaboration, and technical skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence.
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Deployment pipelines (ex. Azure DevOps, GitHub actions) as well as system automation and orchestration platforms (e.g. ARM/Bicep, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Creating and leveraging Git in a team development environment.
- Containers and container orchestration in a production environment (ex. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Migrating workloads across public/private cloud environments.
- Working in an infrastructure organization, knowledge of several infrastructure software tools and platforms (ex. SQL, VMWare, F5, Active Directory).
- Working with programming languages (ex. PowerShell, Bash, Python, .Net).
- Experience working with agile teams and principles as well as within Azure Dev/Ops toolsets for planning a plus.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership, collaboration, and technical skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills (ability to influence).
Travel Expected: Conferences, training, or project workshops as necessary. Up to 10% total.
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.
San Antonio TX
Findlay OH Main Bldg
Job Requisition ID:
19100 Ridgewood Pkwy
Bachelors: Information Technology (Required)
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation. To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability