At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Business Execution Consultant in the Enterprise Services Governance Office (ESGO).
The ESGO is part of Enterprise Business Resiliency within the CAO which identifies the Services Wells Fargo performs across the enterprise, what Service Components are used to perform these Services, and who provisions and consumes these Services. The ESGO partners with subject matter experts and stakeholders representing all lines of business to maintain the inventories, data, and linkages included in the Service Catalog. The ESGO then leverages this information to support various regulatory obligations (e.g., Recovery and Resolution Planning, Service Material Entity Identification) Specific ESGO responsibilities include:
- Maintaining an enterprise-wide inventory of Services and Components required for Service delivery;
- Facilitating the identification of Services required in resolution;
- Identifying the interconnectedness of Services across legal entities;
- Mitigating identified Service continuity risks;
- Supporting identification, review, documentation, and ongoing governance of service continuity
This is an individual contributor role that will work horizontally across different verticals and be responsible for the following:
- Develop, implement and maintain ESGO processes and controls
- Consult on control design, develop controls and monitor control effectiveness and maintain strong documentation
- Identify opportunities for process and control improvement
- Collaborate with control partners to establish effective risk management
- Interface with Audit, Testing, Legal, and internal partners as needed
- Advise on Issues, Controls, Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA)/Integrated Process Risk and Control (IPRC) activities, Business Process Management (BPM), and other programs
- Facilitate end-to-end issue management of relevant issues, including developing and validating sustainability of action plans and identifying root causes.
- Support process alignment, strategic process improvements, and Self-Assurance testing aligned to the enterprise SAA policy
- Support development of and maintain reporting requirements, procedure(s), and supporting routines across ESGO to provide visibility into the overall risk, control and compliance landscape to ESGO leaders and partners, and enhance oversight of risk reporting routines throughout ESGO
- Formalize ESGO methodology for monitoring activities
- Establish clear role and responsibilities for Quality Control and Quality Assurance monitoring activities
- Provide oversight for Quality Control and Quality Assurance monitoring activities
- 5+ years of Management Consulting, Strategy Consulting, or Business Operations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Knowledge of Issue Management Policy
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management.
- Understanding of enterprise risk management framework including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Understanding and experience with Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
- Understanding and experience with the Self-Assurance Activities Policy
- Experience designing effective controls, issue management and supporting metrics and governance programs
- Proven experience with conducting risk and process assessments
- Ability to provide articulate credible challenge, influence and consult internally with leadership
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience coordinating multiple tasks within aggressive time frames
We Value Diversity
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other
Location: Des Moines, IA, United States