It may sound cliché, but it is true. A career taking care of cancer patients is a calling for most all of us. It's much more than a job. Each of us has a unique story that brought us to Compass Oncology, but those stories usually share common themes of care, compassion, and commitment. No matter the role, each Compass team member serves in, the goal is the same: to provide the best care possible for each and every one of our patients. If this sounds like you, please reach out to us. We can't wait to hear your story.
Compass Oncology, the largest multi-specialty medical oncology practice in the Pacific Northwest, is seeking an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse
in our Oral Chemotherapy Department. This position is located at our East Clinic. This position is a key role in our Oral Chemotherapy program. Acting as a liaison for the patients, you would help to coordinate care for those selected for the program, and assist in communications between the physician, patient, and pharmacist.
If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is the place for you!Employment Type:
Full Time - 40 Hours, M-FLocation:
East Clinic (Portland, Oregon).JOB SCOPE:
Under general supervision, provides general nursing care for patients following established standards and practices. Promotes efficient patient flow, assists with patient care. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
- Provides general nursing care to patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during examination and procedures.
- Observes, records, and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Administers prescribed medications as directed.
- Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of specimen samples for testing.
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Performs EKG and oximetry readings as required by physician.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as required or directed by physicians.
- Maintains patient files, records and other information.
- Initiate IV fluids and IV therapeutic medications in accordance with LPN/LVN state nurse practice act.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate from an accredited school for practical nursing.
- Current LPN OR State LPN license and registration with the State Board of Practical Nursing.
- Current CPR certification required.
More About The Company
- Minimum of (3) years of nursing experience, preferably in an oncology environment preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Ability to convey information to patients regarding treatment, side effects, follow up.
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Excel and Word, electronic medical record, and physician office phone systems.
Compass Oncology team brings together leading cancer experts in the fields of surgical, medical and radiation oncology, pathology and palliative care to provide the most comprehensive cancer care possible and an even more cohesive patient experience. In addition, the majority of our physicians specialize in particular cancer types, bringing a heightened level of expertise to our patients. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is the place for you!
As a member of The US Oncology Network , one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, Compass Oncology participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 89 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Portland and Vancouver communities with clinical offices located throughout the metro area.