At a glance:
- Are you an expert in service provider solutions and skilled at managing a team responsible for technical pre-sale activities?
- Can you commit to a sales engineering leadership position guiding the development of all technical aspects to create and implement client network solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise’s industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
Exceeding client expectations is at the center of your daily focus. As the Manager of Sales Engineering Verticals, you simplify complex client business needs through the detailed management of a technical pre-sales support team. You are enthusiastic about guiding your team through technical presentations, requirement gathering, pre-sale designs and capital requirements. You have a detailed understanding of service provider solutions and the demands for network services and connectivity. You are passionate about driving growth through an understanding of the demands of enterprise markets and identifying strategic and field trial opportunities.
You work closely with sales team members to highlight the benefits of Spectrum Enterprise Fiber Internet Access (FIA), Private Networking Solutions based on Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) standards, Voice solutions and cloud solutions. You excel at meeting current client business goals and creating demand for the future by recruiting, training and managing high-performing pre-sales support professionals. You thrive in an office environment supporting your team and interacting with departments across the Spectrum Enterprise footprint. You report directly to the Director of Sales Engineering Vertical for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with sales incentives.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Be an inspiring member of the sales team by leading the support of technical pre-sales activities and post-sales technical consultations to achieve monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Maximize engineering team efficiency through goal driven planning and daily direction.
- Drive accurate and efficient pre-sale activities by recruiting and hiring talented team members.
- Support revenue initiatives by evaluating and identifying engineering team performances, coordinating training and developing certification expectations.
- Capture local and regional sales opportunities through the management of assignments, workflows and performing all functions of a Sales Engineer.
- Ensure successful installation and implementation processes by serving as the liaison with internal Operations and Engineering departments.
- Resolve pre- and post-sale issues by communicating with clients as a point of escalation.
- Enhance sales team abilities by conducting weekly team meetings to review performances against defined goals and best practices.
- Perform all functions of a Sales Engineer to support local and regional sales.
- Develop key sales skills by attending training sessions and sales meetings.
Required keys for success:
- Two or more years of sales engineering management experience related to the telecommunications field.
- Five or more combined years of experience in technology management, network design, project management or sales engineering.
- Extensive voice networking experience with an emphasis on VoIP, signaling protocols and private branch exchange (PBX).
- Detailed knowledge of transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), internet protocol virtual private network (IP VPN), multi-protocol layer switching (MPLS), virtual private LAN service (VPLS), Ethernet, voice over internet protocol (VoIP), synchronous optical networking (SONET) and dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM).
- Familiar with networking routers, switches, local area network (LAN), metro area network (MAN), WAN, digital signal 3 (DS3), operator carrier exchange (OC-x), channel service unit (CSU), data service unit (DSU) and other client-premise equipment (CPE).
- Experience with routing protocols, such as border gateway protocol (BGP), intermediate system to intermediate system (ISIS), open shortest path first (OSPF), radio interface protocol (RIP) and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of the sales cycle and competing technologies.
- Consultative sales approach with an understanding of converged multimedia applications.
- Proven leader with experience working closely with Sales VPs, Directors and Sales Managers.
- Inspiring presentation and proposal design abilities.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change with shifting priorities.
- Ability to efficiently conduct consultative analysis and provide recommendations.
- Valid driver's license, a clean driving record and the availability to travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internet Professional (CCIP) or Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE) certification (preferred).
SEN531 313772-2 313772BR
Job country: United States
Location: Coppell, TX, United States
Job posted 2022-06-11