Position is hybrid at the M&T Center locationOverview:
Reviews internally prepared loan packages for Commercial and Business Banking Loans and Middle Market leases to ensure their completeness and due diligence required and set forth by the requirements of the Loan Approval memo. Maintains a thorough knowledge on researching and citing or clearing documents exceptions and responding to business partners in an accurate and efficient manner. Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Complete post close review of all internally prepared Commercial Banking, Business Banking and/or Private Banking loan packages.
- Ensure due diligence is completed according to the loan approval memo.
- Ensure completion of flood certifications, appraisal and environmental reports.
- Set up collateral in the collateral tracking system.
- Cite exceptions for missing and/or deficient items. Work departmental inquiries for clearing document exceptions.
- Correspond with and respond to business partner inquiries as required.
- Review Post Close Review report and document exceptions. May work to resolve these issues.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Commercial Post-Closing is responsible for ensuring documents for Commercial, Business Banking and Private Banking loans have been executed appropriately and all Credit Policy and regulatory requirements have been met. This group reviews all internally prepared and attorney prepared loan packages, identifies and annotates exceptions, sets up collateral on the collateral tracking system and clears document exceptions. The area communicates with lending personnel, external and internal counsel, Credit Underwriting and other areas on a regular basis. Education and Experience Required:
Associate’s degree and a minimum of 1 years’ work experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 3 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 1 years’ work experience Education and Experience Preferred:
Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experienceLocation
Buffalo, New York, United States of America
Job country: United States
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Job posted 2022-06-04