SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-timeTogether, we're making a difference.
At Medical City Dallas
, you can be part of a team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else.Professional Development Support Nurse - Acute Care - Full-time Day Shift 7A - 7P
The Professional Development Support Nurse (PDSN)- Acute Care
supports high quality, patient-centered care by offering feedback, guidance and mentoring to new graduate nurses and/or nurses that are transitioning to a new specialty on our Medical Surgical and Progressive Care Units. This Registered Nurse position provides guidance and education on the hospital's standard of nursing practice, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
- Perform rounds on multiple units, continuously observing, assessing the quality of patient care, and identifying nursing educational needs
- Give feedback on nursing assessments, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care
- Assist with performing or troubleshooting specific skills
- Maintain IMobile phone for easy contact by new graduates or nurses within scope of support
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career, and retirement including:
- Attend rapid responses and codes as needed, to observe, provide feedback, and debrief, facilitate education, direction, coaching before, during and after the rapid response or code as indicated
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- Generous tuition assistance, student loan repayment and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- 401K and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Medical City Dallas
- HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
is a full-service, Magnet-designated 899-bed hospital recognized for its leading-edge medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. As part of HCA Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include and advanced surgery (including transplant and robotic), bariatric/metabolic care, cardiovascular care, complete women's and children's services (including a Level IV NICU and Level I PICU), oncology (including transplant and cellular therapy), orthopedics, neurology and wound care.
What you need to be successful:
- Texas RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Must have at least two (2) years of RN experience in an acute care hospital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Previous experience as a preceptor or leader preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.