About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst / Technology Business Systems Associate...In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Participate in coordinating activities and resources in support of technical initiatives with low to moderate risk and complexity within Technology Business Services
- Review basic issues, policies, and procedures for which answers can be quickly obtained related to lower risk tasks and deliverables with narrower impact
- Receive direction from supervisor and exercise judgement within defined parameters while developing understanding of function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Provide information to managers, functional colleagues, and stakeholders, including internal as well as external customers after gathering requirements, developing documentation, tracking and reporting initiative, and budget status
- 6+ months of Business Systems Data experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience in the Service Desk space and quality Management framework
- Proven track record of analytical skills;
- Hands-on experience in quality assurance;
- Great people skills and ability to communicate and collaborate with team members
- Good organizational skills, knowledgeable in goal-setting practices;
Job Description - Additional Language Responsibilities
We Value Diversity
- Gather ServiceDesk requirements, customer feedback & Quality scope
- Define quality monitoring process, approach, and structure
- Calibrate on Audit process, parameters, and weightages
- Collaborate and build cadence with Service Desk Operation team and delivery leadership
- Conduct ongoing evaluations, audits, and assessments
- Identify process, technology, resource improvement and training opportunities
- Provide regular feedback, coaching and training to resources
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly Service desk agents operational ranking and how to help improve the agent's performance.
- Recommend process, technical improvements, and changes
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other