Administrative And Business Operations
Supply Chain And Logistics
Science And Research
Community And Human Services
Travel Attractions And Events
Carolina Traffic Devices is hiring
Find similar jobs
Sales Representatives are responsible for increasing sales by developing and maintaining relationships with customers and clients. Duties include identifying prospective customers, following up on potential sales leads, and maintaining relationships with existing customers. The Sales Representative recommends marketing strategies designed for a target market.
· Identify and establish contact with potential customers.
· Schedule and perform product demonstrations with potential customers.
· Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers.
· Attend industry trade shows to identify potential sales leads and make meaningful contact with existing customers.
· Follow industry trends to identify new opportunities for potential sales.
· Recommend marketing strategies to target a specific region or demographic.
· Generate and submit sales reports to CTD Sales Team/Management.
Key Position Expectations:
· Builds and protects the reputation of Carolina Traffic Devices by performing role with integrity, and by maintaining advanced knowledge of all solutions available to our clients.
· Maintains existing customer relationships AND actively builds new customer relationships.
· Proactively coordinates with sales team members to understand the requirements of newly executed contracts/change orders and communicate to field resources as needed.
· Identifies, recommends, and implements changes that will improve CTD’s competitive position and profitability.
Key Abilities for Position Success:
Building Collaborative Relationships: Must have the ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support. Confronts all problems with an intent to find solutions rather than blame. Establishes “win-win” relationships as opposed to “us versus them” relationships.
Reflects Company Values: Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability
· Acquires and maintains technical knowledge of traffic control products available in the market: types of products, manufacturers, models, use and purpose, advantages and disadvantages, costs, lines CTD carries, and lines competitors carry
· Acquires and maintains knowledge of traffic control activities, heavy highway projects, and competitors.
· Speaks fluently about our products, services, and industry.
· Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
· Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
· Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
· Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
· Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
· Prepares well-constructed, accurate, and strategic estimates and quotes.
· Maintains detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer or vendor relationship problems.
· Provides periodic territory sales forecasts, information on target customers (calls, site visits, events).
· Attends industry events to develop potential leads and to represent and expand the CTD brand and footprint.
· Performs administrative functions including capturing all jobs that are billed/rebilled, completing credit card transactions, performing credit checks, conducting AR procedures (30-day ,60-day, 90+ day) and more.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Sales, Business, or related field OR
· At least five years of related sales experience is required.
· Experience working with industrial equipment, traffic control devices, or construction/trades equipment is highly preferred.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to travel up to 35% regionally with some overnight stays when required.
· May occasionally be exposed to noise, dust, and a variety of substances that are typically associated with a construction site.
This job is expired