Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Legal, Compliance, and Regulatory Affairs department is seeking a Sr. Contract Account Administrator to join its Growth Legal Team to provide contracting and transactional support to the Optum Growth and Customer office.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess Risk in Business Opportunities
- Review/apply relevant policies, procedures, standards, regulations, and laws to evaluate risk in a business opportunity
- Identify and engage with appropriate internal partners (e.g., Finance, business units, Legal) to discuss, assess and evaluate risk as appropriate
- Identify risks/issues that require escalation and engage internal stakeholders as appropriate
- Draft/Review/Revise Contracts and Related Documents
- Research and analyze relevant information in order to prepare appropriate documents based on the transaction
- Adhere to applicable internal standards/guidelines related to legal contracts/proposals/documents when creating or revising documents (e.g., delegation of authority, business-specific requirements)
- Review contract language to ensure consistency/eliminate conflicts (e.g., in terminology/language)
- Review counterparty (e.g., client, vendor, provider) forms/contract templates to ensure inclusion of necessary terms and conditions for the transaction
- Identify issues in contracts/proposals/documents that require escalation and engage legal counsel as appropriate
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions of Contracts
- Develop an understanding of contract language and terminology
- Determine whether a term is appropriate or negotiable and develop appropriate compromises based on company guidance and risk tolerances, regulatory requirements, administrative/operational guidelines, etc.
- Communicate risks and explain contract language and terminology (e.g., limits of liability, indemnifications, audits, etc.) appropriately for a given audience
- Defend the company's position and rationale on contract terms
- Meet with appropriate areas (e.g., internal/external parties, vendors, outside counsel) to discuss and negotiate non-standard terms
- Identify contract negotiation issues that require escalation and engage legal counsel as appropriate
- Facilitate the Contract Management Process
- Collect information from subject matter experts and summarize/present information to others
- Monitor/evaluate and document decisions/language during the contracting process to protect relevant interests
- Work with internal/external audiences (e.g., clients, vendors, providers, employees) to explain and facilitate the contract process (status updates, managing expectations, explaining regulatory requirements, answer contract related questions) and serve as a point of contact throughout the contract lifecycle
- Manage multiple contract priorities (e.g., assigned cases/accounts, projects, tasks) and remain focused on key/appropriate priorities in the contracting process
- Validate documents, identify authorized approvers/signers using delegation of authority policies, and route documents for approval/signature
- Operate within the established contracting process and department metrics
- Capture/document non-standard approvals during the negotiation process in contracts database
- Apply Systems and Technology to Administer the Contracting Process
- Search and maintain contract records and data
- Track and report contract status, exceptions or non-standard approvals
- Operate proficiently within a paperless contracting process/environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or HS Diploma/GED with 5 years of contracts experience
- 4+ years of experience with drafting, negotiating and consulting on contracts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.