About this role:
Home Lending Control Team provides guidance to Home Lending businesses to support their commitment to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and internal operational policies and procedures. Through joint accountability with Home Lending process/business leaders for control functions, Controls Management enables the development and maintenance of a strong control environment that leads to early identification and sustainable mitigation of operational risk.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist responsible for supporting the Home Lending Capital Markets. This includes supporting technology changes, change control, issue management, customer impact issues and customer redress and remediation strategies. This role also has primary responsibility for providing an aggregate view of program results and for monitoring risk across Home Lending, as well as driving related corrective actions to address issues, when needed.In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures within Control Management functional area
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization, including line of business partners, Control team members, Legal, IRM, Wells Fargo Audit Services and other key business partners
- Ensure adherence to change management policies.
- Provide on-going support for key line of business initiatives related to simplifying business processes
- Provide ongoing evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, internal controls for Change Management
- Identify, prioritize and escalate issues
- Act as subject matter expert regarding investor/agency and regulatory compliance requirements
- Assist with development and evaluation of corrective action plans
- Assist with development and evaluation of remediation and customer redress strategies
- Ongoing monitoring and assessment of operating/control environment
- Assessment of monitoring outcomes to determine need to elevate risk posture
- Facilitation of end-to-end issue management
- Development and sustainability validation of action plans
- Root cause and theme/trend identification leading to proactive mitigation
- Control design in partnership with business owner including effectiveness measures, implementation support, validation of effectiveness post implementation and controls evaluation based on defined triggers
- Escalation based on breaches and defined triggers
- Design/development of appropriate metrics to inform and monitor the health and control of the operational risk environment
- In partnership with identified accountable business owners, provide control and process expertise in the implementation of key risk management programs into the standard operating framework of the business
- 4+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education
We Value Diversity
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of audit, regulatory compliance, or risk management
- Mortgage risk experience
- Ability to identify risks and propose mitigation plans
- Proven experience with conducting risk and process assessments
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Quality assurance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of home lending or consumer lending
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Experience working with the Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- Home equity operations exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo
- Quality testing and/or monitoring experience, analytical experience, self-assurance activities experience.
- Previous experience in Quality assurance or compliance testing.
- Ability to determine and report priorities/metrics to senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment and ability to prioritize
- Develops and maintains partnerships with the business process owner by consulting and providing expertise in the control design to effectively mitigate risks, including design of effective means of measurement.
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of the business control environment through execution of the Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) program.
- Engages in the development and implementation of new controls, action plans, and root cause analysis.
- Supports the evaluation and design of appropriate metrics to inform and monitor the health of the operational risk environment.
- Identifies gaps and areas of improvement in existing processes. and recommends improvements.
- Supports a strong risk management culture through the implementation of key risk management programs into the standard operating framework of the business.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other