About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist...In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures within Control Management functional area
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations
- 4+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience in managing and overseeing issue development, approach, and timelines to ensure sustainable risk mitigation
- Experience in effectively assessing risks and controls associated with business processes
- Proficiencies in both oral and written communication, including ability to articulate points of view to all levels of leadership
We Value Diversity
- Analyze and synthesize executive level risk data to help illustrate risks or control strength in tools like dashboards or committee material
- Present materials to all levels of management to support identification of risks and mitigating controls associated with key business initiatives
- Provide guidance in the identification of other stakeholders across the enterprise- line of business, control and business partner (Control Partners, Compliance, Legal, Risk, etc.)
- Provide leadership in resolving conflicting positions between stakeholders
- Provide guidance and credible challenge to the business in sustainable issue resolution, risk mitigation involving change initiatives, appropriate design, development, and execution of process controls
- Assist with Audits, Testing and Validation reviews and any other responses to Independent Risk Management or Legal requests
- Guide business and risk mitigating strategies thru end to end oversight of aligned business processes, associated risks, mitigating controls/self-assurance/quality assurance (QA), policies/procedures, issues, feedback and metrics/thresholds
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other