About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Regulatory Relations Specialist to lead and support end-to-end regulatory engagements for Corporate Risk, including, but not limited to, regulatory examinations, supervisory meetings, information requests, and responses to regulatory findings. Act as primary contact for regulators for information requests and coordinates updates to regulators on remediation activities for Corporate Risk. Provide regulatory interaction support including meeting preparation, meeting facilitation and notes, and follow up actions. Lead projects with virtual teams and may mentor team members to accomplish goals and priorities but does not directly manage other team members.
Experienced staff for this role may lead implementation of some strategic initiatives with moderate to high risk and complexity, generally spanning across Corporate Risk. This role will require regular interaction with key business partners; including senior leaders, operations, control, risk and functional leaders, members of governance committees and the Regulatory Relations team.In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Act as an advisor to experienced leadership to develop or influence the enterprise regulatory relations strategy, governance, communications, and procedures to manage regulatory engagements and interactions across Regulatory Relation groups and functions
- Lead the most complex regulatory engagements with focus on ensuring appropriate accountability and interaction with regulators
- Oversee the most complex and key regulatory responses, integration opportunities and commitments through Regulatory Relations lifecycle of engagement
- Lead consistent delivery on regulatory commitments and consistent execution of the Regulatory Relations policy and procedures
- Oversee peers and stakeholders to identify and address opportunities to improve on regulatory, policy and procedures
- Perform oversight activities to assess and ensure adherence to the Regulatory Relations policy and procedures
- Ensure aggregation, forecasting, tracking and reporting on regulatory actions to stakeholders, including executive leadership, board of directors, and regulators
- Lead implementation of complex and strategic initiatives with high risk and complexity, generally spanning multiple business lines
- Strategically engage with all levels of professionals and managers companywide and serve as an expert advisor
- Lead projects with virtual teams and mentors to accomplish goals and priorities
- 7+ years of Regulatory Relations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Ability to identify impacts to credit risk
- Advanced Financial institution knowledge
- Ability to interact with senior leadership
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of the full regulatory engagement lifecycle and the role regulatory relations plays in the end-to-end process
- Leadership experience
We Value Diversity
- Primary posting location is Charlotte, NC. Will also consider qualified candidates in other Wells Fargo key hub locations.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other
Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States