At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. About this role:
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA) is seeking a Supervisory Control Specialist responsible for providing remote sales supervision and support within assigned branches and/or regions for the Private Client Group (PCG) and Wealth Brokerage Services (WBS) channels. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com. In this role, you will:
- Participate and consult regarding policies and procedures, controls, tools and training
- Identify opportunities for additional synergies and to maximize efficiencies within the private client group
- Review and analyze controls to manage high risk investment strategies and complex products
- Evaluate resources to monitor risk and exercise independent judgment to guide process changes, process improvements, and technology enhancements
- Present recommendations for resolving complex analysis in search of current and best practices
- Gather and analyze data, identify trends and present analysis through meaningful statistics
- Develop expertise in firm, compliance and regulatory policies and procedures
- Collaborate and consult with Financial Advisors, Regional and more experienced
- Management, Private Client Group, Branch Managers, Operation Managers, Supervision Managers, and varying Business Units
- 2+ years of Supervisory Control, Corporate Insurance Risk, Risk Management Consulting, Property or Casualty Insurance, Insurance Brokerage experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 exam to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Conflict management and decision-making skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of branch associates and business units
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- FINRA registration including Series 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 9/10 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
Job Posting Locations:
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent of the time
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- Registration for FINRA Series 9/10 must be completed within a 90 or 180-day time period contingent upon number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance.
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 and 65 (or Series 66) must be completed within a 90 or 180-day time period contingent upon number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance.
- 2801 Market St. F & L Bldg, Saint Louis, MO
- 4340 Innslake Dr., Glen Allen, VA
- 401 S. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC
- 90 S 7th St. Minneapolis, MN
The Supervisory Control Specialist will be responsible for providing remote sales supervision and support within assigned Divisions. This requires working closely with the Divisional and local support center staff on compliance and supervision policies, practices and resolution of issues. More specifically, the Supervisory Control Specialist will be active in: Supervising specific sales activities on behalf of retail branch managers such as Annuities, Insurance, Trade Blotter, Trade Alerts, Envision Plans and email; Monitoring sales activities using various technological tools and reports to ensure that the activity is in compliance with all regulatory and firm policies; Assist branch offices in resolution of sales activity issues where appropriate; Escalate issues to the appropriate management level for resolution; Complete other duties as assigned by the Supervision Manager. We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
City: St. Louis
Category: Business Operations Specialists, All Other
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States