The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Regional Account Executive is responsible for establishing new business, developing current business relationships and ensuring client and customer satisfaction to produce new revenue for the organization. The Regional Account Executive is assigned to: distributors with $500 million or more in volume, multiple distributors, or distributors with headquarter points.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop a portfolio of priority and assigned accounts through sales calls
- Develop sales plan to achieve assigned objective and initiatives
- Prepare and conduct food shows and sales events with operators and distributors
- Maintain and develop client sales at assigned distribution
- Serve as the primary point of contact for represented clients
- Evaluate sales opportunities and follow up on closed deals to ensure satisfaction
- Present new items and seek conversion opportunities with existing clients to add incremental business
- Participate in sales training for distributors and manufacturers
- Provide input on marketing programs
- Manage assigned projects as needed
- DSR management
- Prepare and submit required activity and sales reports
- Respond to client, distributor, field and customer requests as needed
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Choose an item. or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
1-3 years of experience in sales
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Knowledge of foodservice industry
- Financial acumen
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop a sales action plan with specific objectives that drive results in a given timeline
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Decision making skills
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).