Are you looking for an interesting new challenge at the cutting edge of technology with a growing multi-talented team?
Are you a motivated, results-oriented team player?
Do you appreciate the flexibility of working from home and find open-plan offices to be an anti-productive work environment?
Join Virtually Human in exploring the fringes of decentralized entertainment delivery for the future.
We are looking for an experienced energetic Lead Engineer to join and contribute to our latest Blockchain entertainment product in the following ways:
- Able to get up to speed quickly with the architecture of our core product and take ownership;
- Continuous collaboration with the development team in making the best decisions to build and scale our core set of services;
- Be a leader in SCRUM processes with sprint planning, reviews, grooming and retrospectives;
- Collaborate with teammates to resolve service interruptions and high-impact defects; participate in on-call rotation;
- Support your team in developing their technical and other professional skills through mentorship, coaching, pair programming, and code review;
- Constantly look for opportunities to automate tasks, build internal tooling, increase team efficiency and free the team up for the work that matters most;
- Contribute to the hiring process to ensure we continue to build a high performing team with top talent;
- Understand the business vision & goals, ensuring that the team is aligned;
- Pragmatic JIT optimisation to maintain performance and stability of our core product, without over optimising;
- A clear understanding of best practices for Elixir development with proactive involvement in code reviews and peer programming sessions.
It would be expected that you are experienced with Elixir, Graphql, Front-end technologies (React), PostgreSQL, and Linux. Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, Kubernetes, blockchain technology, smart contracts and Google cloud would also be nice but it's not essential.
You'll need the flexibility required to work with a globally distributed development team across multiple time zones along with a good internet connection at all times.
If this sounds like something for you. Apply now!