The company: Wood Thilsted is a world leading engineering consultancy specialising in offshore wind farm development from project exploration through to operation. We are globally active with multi-disciplinary projects located in Northern Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. The company currently employs nearly 100 passionate and world leading experts working primarily from the UK and Denmark. In order to further our long-term strategy for growth we are searching for an ambitious Lead Geotechnical Engineer to join our company.
To our clients, we offer ground investigation services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. Internally, we foster a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a positive social atmosphere.
Areas of responsibility: As a Lead Geotechnical Engineer, your main objective will be to provide high-quality geotechnical support to our clients in the offshore wind industry.
Typical areas of work are likely to include:
- Due diligence and site selection for offshore wind farms.
- Scoping, tendering, management and supervision of offshore geotechnical site investigations.
- Specification of laboratory testing.
- Site characterisation including ground modelling and geotechnical interpretation.
- Soil structure interaction and geotechnical foundation design.
- Review technical analysis and reports prepared by others.
- Technical lead on projects, including preparation of Design Briefs and support to certification process
- Liaise with clients and maintain our strong network within the industry.
This opening is available for any of our European offices, London, Bristol, Copenhagen, Vejle or Århus, based on local terms and conditions. There may be some travelling in Northern Europe, North America or Asia in relation to your work. Opportunities for short or long-term postings abroad may be a possibility.
Your background: You should hold a master's degree or PhD in civil or geotechnical engineering or equivalent. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you:
- Have proven experience in delivering large projects, preferably with strong technical geotechnical focus including geotechnical interpretation and soil structure interaction design methodologies.
- Have proven experience of working in international multi-disciplinary offshore wind projects.
- Have experience with floating wind concepts.
- Have ambitions to lead and develop design capabilities.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively.
- Have extensive, relevant experience as a professional engineer.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to lead your daily work, develop new competences, and help to shape the future of an exciting and dynamic organisation.
: Please apply using the link: http://woodthilsted.com/careers/
where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.