We partner with ambitious startup founders and equip them with the team, tools, expertise and scale to build highly successful technology companies. ucreate is headquartered in London, UK but our teams are spread out across many cities around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Lead PHP Developer to lead the development of one of our projects.
The fun stuff you'll actually be doing:
- Executing full lifecycle software development in a self-sufficient manner
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that surpasses industry standards
- Producing specifications to determine feature feasibility alongside the wider development team
- Developing unit tests for all codebases to maintain standards and quality across all projects
- Developing dynamic and intuitive application interfaces that deliver real value to the end-user
- Debugging issues in the production environment and fixing them promptly
- Providing technically valid and cost-effective solutions to the founder
- Working alongside a specialist team (Designers, Product Owners, Project Managers, Developers)
- Taking responsibility and looking for viable solutions
What we need and what you have:
- 4+ years experience in PHP (vast knowledge about PHP 7.x)
- 2-3 years knowledge of mainstream PHP frameworks such as Laravel,
- Working in the past with Salesforce api or Hubspot api - nice to have
- Experience with Heroku, Github and error tracking software (we use Rollbar). Or a will to learn.
- Experience with relational databases and database design (MySQL and/or Postages)
- Basics of web security, or a will to learn
- General familiarity with Agile Dev Environment, CI, MVPs, Lean, Kanban
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and experience working with and creating web APIs
- Some knowledge of front end technologies (preferably React)
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication
What do we offer
- fully remote position
- flexible working hours
- small teams
- international projects
- contract for an unlimited period of time
We do it because we have an appreciation for the finer products in life. We are fanatical about everything startup and excited by the journey that entails. Beginning with an idea and witnessing its progression fuels us with pride and hunger. Our products succeed because of our passion, energy, and drive.
In our simplest form, we create startups that might otherwise not exist. We just can't get enough of empowering our founders to solve real problems with clever solutions. We live and breathe agile development and specialize in getting their startup to market. We also love to get up close and personal with our founders so we help them across the board with product guidance, business strategy, marketing campaigns, legal advice, future finance.
We are looking for incredibly talented individuals with a desire to be part of the revolution rather than a number on the payroll. We are immersed in tech startups so if you have some experience that would be a great start!
Sound like your kind of thing? Apply now!