We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers, for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly Business Solutions enables other large companies to connect with their customers by delivering enterprise level printing solutions. Our technology and manufacturing capabilities enable efficient and effective customer engagement through personalized communications.
SBS is looking for a stellar Lead Software Engineer to join the team in Tempe, AZ.
Candidates must have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for technology and incremental delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- 60% hands-on development in Java technologies, 20% Application Architecture, 10% Team management and mentoring, 5% SDLC Process, 5% Infrastructure Releases
- Create high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment utilizing Java Stack
- Influence the Technical Requirements Definition Process
- Partner with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks, plan releases and deliver on commitments
- Collaborate with core SBS teams on shared services such as Infrastructure, Security and Operations
- Support production applications and releases
- Perform performance and scalability analysis
- Inspire, lead and mentor team members
- 8 years overall software development experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot) and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- 2+ years of managing and/or leading a development team
- 4+ years of developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
- Ability to work and deliver independently
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Scale Technologies: Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, NoSQL
- Micro services and Distributed architecture, DevOps/Cloud/AWS
- Led/Managed offsite vendor Software Development
- Agile SDLC/Scrum/Kanban processes
- BS/MS in Computer Science
If this aligns with your career goals and experience, we want to work with you!