Marketing Operations Manager
Did you know that 30-40% of the food that is produced around the world ends up in landfills?
As we scale at Flashfood, we are adding our first dedicated marketing operations resource. This is an opportunity with growth potential for an individual contributor with proven experience in CRM.
Who We Are:
At Flashfood, we are on a mission to reduce the environmental impact of food waste and affordably feed people. We are tackling this gigantic problem together with a team that believes in authenticity, perseverance, and humility.
Flashfood is an app-based marketplace of discounted food nearing its best by date. Shoppers browse deals, buy on the app and pick up directly from local grocers. Flashfood offers communities access to delicious food at consistently low prices, food that would otherwise be at risk of becoming food waste. And customers are obsessed!
Sustainability is of growing importance for grocers, and Flashfood provides a scalable way for supermarket operators to reduce “shrink.” We’ve partnered with Loblaws across Canada and have a growing roster of partners in the US, including Meijer, GIANT and Tops Friendly Markets.
Our team comes from a variety of different industries and backgrounds like management consulting, finance, and tech. But we decided it was time to do something different - something that would create a better world for future generations!
Our casual and collaborative culture makes us who we are. We have a passion for supporting our community, and that starts with empowering our people. Our small but mighty team of 50+ is growing - your next adventure is here!
Who You Are
A systems thinker, a problem solver and a strategist. You know how to navigate ambiguity and are comfortable making decisions with less-than-perfect information while roadmapping an ideal state. Your experience has taught you that when it comes to marketing technology, the devil is in the details. You are as technical as you are business savvy, motivated by delivering work that drives results. You’re familiar with the Peter Parker principle that states, “With great power comes great responsibility,” which is why you’re passionate about customers and their privacy. You’re one hell of a teammate -- for you, helping out a colleague turns a day from good to great.
What You Will Do
You’ll lead marketing operations, collaborating closely with colleagues across a number of functions, optimizing our use of marketing technology to deliver on business goals.
- Take ownership of the marketing tech stack and roadmap future requirements
- Manage marketing tech vendor contracts and negotiations
- Own marketing automation and optimization, in close collaboration with other marketing team members on content
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in strategizing, building and optimizing journeys that delight customers and deliver on goals
Marketing data stewardship
- Take ownership of marketing lists and data integrity, working closely with Insights and Tech on data cleanliness and troubleshooting.
- Act as privacy advocate for our customers and partners, providing subject matter expertise on CASL/CAN-SPAM regulations and building a culture of compliance
- Assist in the ongoing implementation of our Customer Data Platform into the marketing tech stack
Strategy & analysis
- Deep understanding of key business metrics and KPIs and ability to provide strategic recommendations to evolve our practice
- Act as a key advocate for CRM and advanced 1:1 opportunities – bringing forward new ideas and solutions
- Establish processes to improve workflows and ways in which marketing reacts to the needs of the organization
What You Will Need
- Exemplary communication skills
- At least 5 years experience managing complex CRM campaigns (Email, Push, SMS, in-app) using a leading marketing cloud solution such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Responsys, Adobe Campaign, Marketo, LeanPlum or other
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms (specific experience with mParticle an asset)
- Exceptional analytical skills in quantitative data analysis of program effectiveness, forecasting and ROI
- Understanding of data mining, data warehousing and business intelligence processes and technologies
- Understanding of CASL/CAN-SPAM laws and privacy best practices
- B2C and mobile app experience strongly preferred
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive vacation package with extra long weekends in the summer
- Group benefits plan
- Casual work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Team events
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a growing company passionate about sustainability and making an impact on our communities
Flashfood is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Please advise should you need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process. All your information will be treated confidentially.