BFS Capital, which has provided over $2BB in financing to over 23,000 businesses, across 400 industries in the US, Canada and the UK is working on an exciting new project to re-imagine small business financial services.
We are seeking a Marketing Technologist who can help us scale our marketing technology stack. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented group of people on a revolutionary product in a fast-paced and exciting environment. As the Marketing Technologist, you will get to work with leading marketing technologies and ensure the integrations, data transmissions, and systems are working as expected. In this multi-faceted position, you’ll be expected to be able to work with code and no code systems to connect tools like Autopilot, Salesforce, Zapier, Segment, Snowflake, Amplitude and more ensuring they are robust and meet the needs of our teams. With every new ask, you will be expected to find scalable, efficient, and creative ways to maximize the Marketing team’s efforts.
This work matters. Small businesses typically employ about 70% of the private labour force. We’re building something that will have a lasting and positive effect for millions of small businesses across Canada, the US and the UK, while also positively impacting the hundreds of millions of people who work for them.
- Work with Data Science & Product teams to ensure that the marketing stack is getting the data required in order to market the products efficiently
- Work with Marketing to ensure that communications are being delivered as required across channels including web, email, sms, push notifications and more
- Work with reporting tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude and Salesforce to build robust reporting to understand key metrics
- Document your work to ensure that we have easy reference for the systems we have in place
- Code and build new landing page/email templates/web and troubleshoot the platforms to ensure brand consistency
- A relevant degree in computer science, with marketing experience or marketing degree with significant experience in development or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing technology role, working with leading CRM, marketing automation, and customer centric tools
- An understanding of cloud applications and how to deploy and maintain cloud applications
- Experience using experience mapping tools like draw.io, Lucidchart
- Quick problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise independent judgement
- Strong people, process, and technical abilities
- Proven track record of delivering quality work on time
- A positive, professional attitude and customer service orientation
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- A continuous learner with passion for marketing who keeps up to date with technologies
- Experience with Segment.io
- Knowledge of APIs, how they work, and how to connect systems
- Deep experience with integration tools like Zapier, Tray.io etc.
- Experience with CMS platforms like WordPress, Ghost, Squarespace
- Experience in a start-up environment where priorities are being shifted constantly
- Experience working cross functionally across the organization with various stakeholders requiring deliverables
What We Offer
- Be part of a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and high-performing team – we build revolutionary products that matter
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Continued professional development
- Flexible work/life balance options
What We Do Here:
We are a fast-paced FinTech start-up inside an organization with decades of commercial lending experience. It is the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded, dynamic and fast-paced group, while also enjoying the stability of an established company. Like any start-up, we move quickly, and requirements are often changing with new product features being launched often.
We believe that we are stronger together. We value diversity of all types. Each person on the team is valued for their skills, experiences and contributions. The blending of these different perspectives, experiences and insights is what helps us build truly breakthrough products. Your people, process, marketing and technology skills will be especially valuable to guide the team towards a great outcome.