We are hiring a mid-level Rails developer to round out our team. We have several apps and lots of projects to work on. You will work on a lot of legacy code in both adding new features as well as refactoring. This is an overview of the position and what we are looking for. If interested then apply and let's talk.
How we work:
Our team is remote and depends on top-notch communication and situational awareness. We meet regularly online and in person and use collaboration tools such as Slack to communicate on a daily basis. Each of us has one or more primary projects but also work out of Asana on a task by task basis. We also require that you are able to learn our business strategy and the needs of our students.
- Passionate developer who is proud of the quality of your work
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Competent working on both front and backend
- Able to effectively work in a remote team
- Capable of taking a task and owning it
- Solid experience working with Ruby & Rails
- TDD via RSpec and Capybara
- Solid experience working with Git in a code review environment
- Solid experience working with SQL and databases
- Dev Ops experience working with Ansible, Docker etc.
- A desire to learn and advance your skills
- Analytical mindset and experience with BI tools
Benefits and Compensation:
- Annual salary of 60k-80k+ depending on experience
- 100% paid health care with optional family coverage
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks paid vacation
Job posted 2021-03-25