Razeware is the company behind raywenderlich.com, the most popular mobile development site on the Internet. Over the past 10 years, our community has published over 4,000 videos, 2,000 articles, and 50 books. Our products have made a difference in the lives of thousands of developers across the world, helping them to get their first job as a mobile developer, grow their careers, or create the app of their dreams.
Razeware is a small bootstrapped company with just 19 full-time team members (and growing!), and we work with a wide network of over 300 part-time contractors from around the world who help create tutorials, videos, and books for our site. Our entire company is remote, and this job is too!
About the Role
We’re looking for a video editor and motion designer who will bring the fun & friendly spirit of raywenderlich.com to life, well, with motion!
About half your time will be supporting our marketing, community, and content teams on projects such as our subscription landing page video, book or video course hype trailers, student success stories, web site explainers, internal culture pieces, social media animations, and so much more. Your creativity is the limit!
The rest of your time will be spent editing our video courses - the bread and butter of our learning site. These require attention to detail, along with an eye towards upgrading our editing standards and process and helping our other video editors level up their skills. We'd love to incorporate your ideas for how instructors could showcase their concepts with animation or other design elements, for example!
This role is highly creative and requires a sharp eye—someone who always sweats the details and is obsessed with quality. Our ideal candidate is a strong visual + motion graphics designer with a passion for visual storytelling. Most of all, you just love to make stuff. You get excited about experimenting on new ideas, and love the feeling of pushing work out into the world for people to engage with.
In addition to the creative projects, half of your time will be spent doing routine editing for our video courses, so you will have a demonstrated ability to follow a prescribed editing process, and be able to offer suggestions to improve that existing process.
- The ability to create new, unique, on-brand video content from scratch and illustrate and animate basic, flat-style vector graphics and iconography.
- Brainstorm, script, design, and storyboard new concepts from scratch.
- The ability to adhere to clear brand style guidelines for font, color, and style, and to help define, shape and evolve the video guidelines reflecting our brand identity.
- Great attention to detail, and passionate about graphic design, illustration, typography, color, composition, audio, and story rhythm.
- Open to feedback and responsive to creative directional changes with quick turnaround time.
- Ability to follow a prescribed editing process to take raw footage from video instructors and edit that into polished video courses using Adobe Premiere.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to QA your own work.
- Comfortable working solo and collaboratively with a remote-based team (we live in Discord, screen share and audio / video chat).
- Portfolio of shipped work that shows motion across a wide range of outputs (web, social, product explainers, brand videos).
- Willingness to learn the basics of programming and mobile development (so you understand what you are making videos about, and so you can compile an app from source code in order to gather footage for videos).
- 3-5+ years of demonstrated professional experience conceptualizing and executing on motion videos and video editing at a studio, agency, or in-house at a brand or tech company.
Technical / Software Requirements
- Adobe Illustrator – Strong ability to create simple, sleek vector illustrations.
- Adobe After Effects – Deep knowledge of animation best practices.
- Adobe Premiere – Intermediate to advanced knowledge of video editing.
- Adobe Audition – Ability to slightly tweak audio files if and when necessary.
- Adobe Photoshop – Proficient in image editing, color correcting, and resizing.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
Contribute to defining and shaping a growing brand that's helping people around the world learn mobile development!
- $50-$60K USD.
- Remote working! Work when and where you want, as long as you can manage a three-hour overlap with the standard 9-5 EST workday.
- A premium health plan (US only).
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with matching starting your first day (US only).
- Generous paid time off, including a 2-week company-wide Christmas vacation!
- Work with a friendly, motivated, & unique team! :]
Simply email your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio or demo reel to: email@example.com
Learn More About Us