OpenTeams is looking to find a full-time remote Outside Sales Account Manager to join our team of industry-leading data science and engineering professionals. We are an experienced group with BIG dreams so there is a lot of opportunities to grow! We are headquartered in Austin, TX but we are a distributed team so the position can be remote. U.S. Central Time zone friendly preferred.
Who we are
OpenTeams is the services marketplace where open source software users can find, vet, and contract with service providers. At OpenTeams we believe in a culture of do-ers, learners, and collaborators. We are looking for people who are motivated, humble, curious, and respectful of others.
What you’ll do
This position will focus on business development and growing customer accounts by understanding needs and how OpenTeams services can help them fulfill their mission around the adoption of leading-edge open-source technology. The role also includes prospecting new leads and developing a high-quality sales funnel. The role requires that you are self-motivated, professional, and highly organized. This role has the possibility to grow into a sales management position, based on performance, within 12-24 months.
- Actively manage and grow existing and new key customer accounts
- Prospect and develop new business relationships
- Present and communicate our technical capabilities to potential customers
- Understand each customer's needs to provide dynamic solution offerings
- Keep management informed of proposals and contract status
- Work with technical team and stakeholders to scope work via a Statement of Work
- Support contract negotiations
- Maintain the highest standard of ethics in the conduct of business and relations with customers
- Manage the transition of awarded contracts to the Operations / PM team
- Utilizes CRM to maintain and organize a high level of proactive prospecting activity
- Demonstrated quota attainment in complex, relationship-driven sales
- 5+ years experience in an account manager or related role with technical sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated record of success achieving and exceeding quota in an account manager role
- Exceptional sales pipeline management, prospecting, follow-up, and closing skills
- Must be results-driven, have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and be committed to creating new business opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excel and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency, including G-Suite, MS Office, and CRM
- Detail-oriented and strong time management skills to track multiple accounts and deadlines
- Knowledgeable or have an interest in open-source software
- Sales Management experience a plus
- Background in technology/software or consulting services strongly preferred
Why you should join
You'll become an important part of a collaborative, remote-first team. We are a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. We strive to provide a working environment that gives you room to learn and grow. OpenTeams is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for recruitment, interviews, employment, training, compensation, promotion, and related activities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any and all other protected classes and in accordance with all applicable laws.
We offer competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible paid time off. We offer flexibility in work times and locations. Vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and modeled.