We are looking for someone to develop our next-generation cloud architecture. As part of the Platform Infrastructure team, you will work with senior technical leads in the implementation of our new infrastructure platform. We've learned a lot during our growth, and are now going to re-imagine the future of the infrastructure on which everything else will run. You'll join our growing Platform Infrastructure team, and you will report to the team's Engineering Manager.
Any engineer may work at Olo's headquarters in New York City's Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote.
What You’ll Do
- Provision cloud infrastructure in AWS using infrastructure as code (Vagrant, Terraform, Ansible, Tower, Packer, and Github)
- Develop tools built from the ground up to support self-service, quality, security, and compliance projects.
- Consult with engineering teams to help them use our platform and tools on which to run their applications
- Work with product, architecture, and engineering groups to build a self-service platform that streamlines application developer productivity and throughput
- Create foundational pipelines and automation to deploy containerized applications onto Kubernetes or Nomad clusters
- Solve new problems with modern technologies such as HashiCorp Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
- Analyze resource requirements and usage, and suggest options to optimize and cut costs.
What We’ll Expect From You
- A high degree of proficiency in cloud architecture.
- Experience developing infrastructure and automation solutions in an always up, always available environment.
- Experience with networks, security groups, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components.
- Proficiency with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer in a cloud environment.
- Knowledge of security and compliance best practices.
- Proficiency in scripting in BASH, Python, Powershell, and other languages.
- Experience supporting build/deploy pipelines and Git workflows.