We are looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer to work on ReCharge's Platform group. The principal engineer will be a hands-on leader building highly scalable systems and delivering world class features to our end users. You will be involved with day-to-day design, implementation and operational discussions while mentoring other software engineers within feature teams to make sound technical decisions. You will leverage technology across all of ReCharge to solve problems and influence design decisions.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Work with product and technology teams to understand roadmap priorities, innovate and evolve ReCharge's feature set.
- Drive design and implementation decisions using principles and best practices. Make decisions that move the architecture forward; create best practices and implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Be the go-to expert for technical solutions for feature teams.
- Mentor senior engineers and technical leads to make sound technical decisions and help build effective engineering practices.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits); improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Write Python code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability. Find and address performance issues throughout the application. Participate in architecture, code, security and operational reviews.
- Drive a culture of technical excellence and continuous improvement. Identify and introduce new technologies that elevate the platform.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 10+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Experience driving technical design decisions for highly scalable backend systems
- Leadership and mentoring skills and the ability to work with engineers across skill levels
- Passionate about building scalable and simple solutions to solve customer problems
- Experienced in of one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Node.js, Ruby, Java, Go
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure
- Self start with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Excellent asynchronous communication skills and ability to work remotely in a high growth organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience