About the Position
Millions of shoppers are interacting with Assurance, across a variety of mediums, and are being connected seamlessly to our thousands of independent licensed users.
An experienced principal software engineer will focus on driving innovation and drive a roadmap for communication platform which enables thousands of our independent agents to seamlessly interact with millions of customers across a variety of mediums.
You have a strong understanding of cloud development and are proficient in cloud patterns and services. Collaborative teamwork is your primary mode of operation. You’re not shy about reaching out to others with questions and you’re eager to support your peers in their work. At the same time, you understand what ownership and accountability for your individual work means. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift rapidly as we corner opportunities. You’re ready to change the world of insurance, and you know that
all starts with high quality software and services.
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- 7+ years of distributed application development experience
- 5+ years experience with AWS
- 3+ years of experience with Python and Ruby
- 3+ years of experience building A/B testing and experimentation frameworks
- 3+ years experience integrating with external APIs
- Experience building and maintaining software services that serve 1000+ transactions per second
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with DevOps
- Strong object-oriented coding skills
- Experience building high traffic, low latency distributed systems
- Passion for writing high quality, clean, well-tested code
- Track record of meeting software development deadlines
- Analytical aptitude and hands on data-driven problem-solving abilities
- Experience with agile/Scrum software development
- BS in Computer Science or Math