The Product Manager is responsible for managing the process for delivery of cross-functional business solutions thru combination of people, process, and technology that deliver value to ACE’s students and employees.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Partners with business and technology team members to design, develop, implement, configure, integrate, and/or manage business processes and technologies that deliver or enhance value to students and employees.
- Collaborates with executives and other organizational leaders to develop and implement business process and IT strategies across the organization.
- Matrix leads strategic, cross-functional process, technology initiatives and product owners across the organization
- Champions continuous improvement and efficiency across the organization.
- Drive consistent process adoption of Strategic initiatives deliverable throughout organization.
Core Competencies and Best Practices:
- Leads by example in understanding Student Life Cycle needs.
- Develops and implements leading process and technology practices and continuously improves them
- Mentors other organization staff
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work
- Role model in managing deadlines and deliverables
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision, effectively matrix-lead other team members, and work collaboratively with other college leaders
- Must support and embrace the college's B Corp mission to improve the people and communities we serve through our civic engagement initiatives
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be proactive in continuously improving processes and workflow
- Role model process and technology problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Role model in student service
- Recognizes and anticipates customer/organizational needs.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education and experience.
- 7-10 years of experience in Project or Product Management or related fields (Program Management, Project Management, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance & Process Management).
- Experience with multiple project management techniques, including agile process with SCRUM implementation frameworks.
- High level of expertise with Azure DevOps setup.
- Ability to Coach and “lead by example” the breakdown of business needs into EPIC, Features and User Stories.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with audience in perspective.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes, and technology.
- Demonstrated organizational and matrix-leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of Teams, Word, Excel, OneNote, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams.
- Experience with systems and business process to support new product introductions.
- Nice to have working experience in high growth small-midsize companies, preferably in Higher Education.
At American College of Education, we believe that the best learning environment for students and staff is one in which we encounter viewpoints and experiences that are different, yet complementary to ours. This environment is fostered by the presence of persons with diverse backgrounds. While a necessary precondition, diversity is in and of itself, insufficient. To create and maintain a truly inclusive learning community, we must strive to make all feel equally valued. We may celebrate diversity, but we “live” inclusion.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform work consistent with an online, virtual environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American College of Education seeks to attract and retain a diverse staff consistent with its diverse student body and surrounding communities.
ACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.