Hi, thank you for your interest in our company. We are Upkey. A Chicago based Ed-tech with the mission to level the playing field and close the opportunity gap for students.
We believe that by using cutting-edge technology, and superior design and user experience, we can deliver powerful and life-changing learning experiences to millions of students around the world.
Even though our headquarter is in Chicago, we are mostly virtual and have an amazing team of ~ 20 in the US and around the world.
As our company continues to grow and serves thousands of students across the world, we would love to improve our Project Management and ensure we are organized, efficient and strategic. We’re looking for a Project Manager to handle our overall project management operations for our business needs. You should have previously had overall responsibility for several other successful projects in the past. The ideal candidate is someone with great leadership skills who can supervise teams and coordinate their activities from project initiation to delivery.
- Manage from concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, promotion, support, and finally product end of life
- Responsible for managing and implementing marketing activities through research, strategic planning, and implementation
- Analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Managing project progress and adapt work as required
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Optimising and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary Securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Knowledge of APIs and AI
Qualifications and requirements:
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Agile knowledge is highly desired
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Advanced time management, decisional, and excellent analytical skills
- Experience writing project requirement specifications
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope and timeline
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high-stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously and ability to solve problems creatively
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
Time: We prefer European time zones and people who can adjust a few hours to overlap with USA.
Pay: The salary will start ~$1500-~$2000 and will be increased after 90 days.