A unique opportunity to join Kyero in our first Product Owner role, defining and delivering experiences that will bring our brand to life and deliver commercial growth.
Title: Product Owner
Terms: Full Time / Flexible working
Location: Fully Remote (time zones UTC-1 to UTC+2)
This is our first ever Product Owner role! Alongside recent investment in Marketing, Data and SEO, this is a reflection of our focus on the user experience for two distinct audiences - multinational property buyers and international real estate agents, with a proposition that is built on trust.
You will have the intrigue and initiative to help us make it happen; shaping how we gather requirements, defining user stories that bring the strategy to life, and validating our tests with evidence and insight. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will help to ensure that our delivery team has a prioritised focus, with efficient delivery of features that create value.
This is a role that offers collaboration with all teams across the business, helping to inform our plans & priorities. Our innovative & inclusive culture gives you a very real opportunity to make a difference and play a key role in our growth story.
Read on for our story & what we’re hoping you can bring. If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
Kyero helps people from all over the world to find their sunshine. We make it easier for international property buyers to achieve their dreams.
Many of us have moved countries so we know the joy of finding the place you want to call home. We also know the highs and lows involved in making that happen. Our founders, Louise and Martin, started Kyero based on the lessons they learned when they bought land in their favourite part of Spain. They harnessed what they learnt to create a company dedicated to helping people move from dreaming about sunshine to living in it.
We are an international team of 30 fully remote people located across 7 countries, combining Marketing, Sales, Customer Services, Design, Development, Data, Finance & Admin. All of whom are truly passionate about the vision and purpose of the business.
The team brings exceptional knowledge of the market and a complete focus on the buyer. With a culture of trust and inclusion, we are firm believers in the power of data, the principles of test & learn & the importance of promises & proof points.
Our response to the Covid crisis was to protect our team and control costs whilst rapidly evolving our proposition to test new commercial models, evolve the buyer experience and explore new ways of working. We begin 2021 with added strength. Within the last 12 months alone we have launched new branding, introduced a Freemium commercial model, established a marketing team & new partnerships for Data, SEO & CX, whilst firmly establishing ourselves within three new international markets.
And we’re only just getting started… with a clear vision, strong leadership and expertise across the team, we’re more ambitious than ever and have the perfect recipe for continued growth!
We help people find their sunshine. For some, that’s a home in the sun. For others it’s a place where they feel at home, where they belong. For our team, it’s the chance to find sunshine in their work, their home and their life.
These are the values we live by:
- Know our customers, no assumptions.
- You can with Kyero.
- Explore what’s possible, never settle.
- Real Deal, what you see is what you get.
- One team, together we go further.
What You Will Bring...
You will have led product discovery phases, workshops and user testing to understand the real challenges and defining what needs to be solved and why before jumping into solutions. You believe in an evidence based approach – a product is designed based on knowledge and insight, not assumptions or opinions. You’ve created product roadmaps and release plans to give a clear vision for the future, whilst also fast-tracking the first tangible steps.
Agile delivery is second nature to you, you’ve written epics, users stories and acceptance criteria, managed a product backlog, prioritised the backlog to be sprint ready, and ensured the delivery team have the information they require to go above and beyond in delivery. You understand, at a high level, the technical requirements for digital service delivery & appreciate that APIs and backend systems need to be available for user stories to be ‘sprint ready’.
You will be a passionate product owner and represent a viewpoint based on your experience, Kyero’s proposition, your knowledge of digital services and your collaboration with others.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Act as a custodian of how our brand is embodied through our products, services and experiences.
- Establish a product roadmap, working with the Leadership Team to prioritise work and working with the Ops Director to align marketing, data & commercial opportunities with team capacity.
- Plan and deliver discovery phases for new & existing products and experiences, working across the team to establish evidence based recommendations.
- Proactively gather strategic requirements and specialist input from Marketing, Commercial & Delivery teams.
- Validate needs from across the business, partners & customers (buyers & agents).
- Create product backlogs by writing clear epics, user stories and acceptance criteria that the team understands and can estimate on.
- Establish a definition-of-done and work with the delivery team to define acceptance criteria.
- Plan and sequence planned deliverables with Ops Director as part of our agile delivery processes.
- Set expectations and manage review and sign off from the various teams.
- Own a digital product throughout the delivery lifecycle, making decisions, prioritising user stories, conducting stakeholder demos and continuously focussing on a product that will gain user adoption to reach business goals.
- Establish test and learn criteria, allowing us to quickly iterate and drive continuous improvement.
- Solid collaboration across Marketing, Commercial & Delivery, working as one team in a mutually supportive environment, with a standardised way of working.
- Explore and highlight new tools and approaches that may benefit the business.
- Continuously measure and identify opportunities to improve our methods and work.
- Contribute to Kyero’s market strategy, growth ambitions and culture.
- Product Owner Certification (ideally SCRUM, but not mandatory)
- Experience in Design Sprints
- Ability to lead internal workshops and meetings independently with passion and authority
- Diligence when documenting plans, decisions & details
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Considerable experience with end-to-end digital delivery projects
- Experience with web, content and data projects
- High level understanding of technical architecture, integration and systems *
- Advocate of iterative working processes with an agile mindset
- Ability to size and scope both discovery and delivery activities
- Strong storyteller and presenter – a compelling communicator of concepts and desired outcomes
- Passionate about (and literate in) service design, experience trends and emerging technologies
- Ability to conduct user interviews and surveys
- The ability to create:
- User Stories
- Acceptance Criteria
- Product Roadmaps
- Release Plans
- Estimated Delivery Sizing
* For the tech curious, Kyero.com is a Ruby on Rails application using a fairly standard technology stack, including PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and ElasticSearch. We use Docker to run everything and also work with some secondary PHP content management systems, utilising Wordpress and Laravel.
- Excellent salary & benefits
- Autonomy and flexible remote working
- 25 days holiday
- International team meet ups (fun & inspiring, we hope to resume these when able)
- The potential to make a difference and play a key role in our growth story
Does this sound like a good fit for you? We’d love to hear from you! Please get in touch and let us know why this could be the right opportunity for you.
Send your application to email@example.com
and include "Product Owner" in the title.
Please also include:
- Your CV
- A few words explaining why you think you'd be a good fit for Kyero
Direct applicants only please - we won’t respond to agencies.