Human Made, the maker of Altis DXP, is looking for a Product Owner to join its global team. This is a remote position but you should be based in either EST Americas or Europe.
Human Made helps organisations drive customer engagement, reinforce brand value and improve operations with digital solutions powered by Altis, our WordPress digital experience platform.
Over the past 10+ years, we’ve helped brands such as Snopes, Siemens and USA Today build and deliver their digital strategies, transforming the way people interact with some of the most visited websites in the world. We have deep expertise and investment in using WordPress as a tool to create large-scale platforms, websites, and applications that drive transformational business value.
Our decade of experience in agile delivery and passion for open source solutions supports clients in their journey to embrace the edge of innovation. Human Made is a fully distributed company, with employees based remotely around the world.
You should be passionate about building products that solve real problems for business users on a platform that serves hundreds of millions of people every year. You should have worked previously in a B2B SaaS environment, ideally in a technology such as a CMS or DXP. You should understand the features that business users want and be motivated to build features that help them to achieve their goals. You should have experience working on an agile software development team, and be able to work cross-functionally with engineering, sales, project managers, marketing, and the broader company.
As a remote worker you should be a self-starter, able to motivate yourself and prioritise your tasks. We operate in an autonomous culture with a high-level of trust in all employees, and focus on your outputs rather than the how, when and where you do your work. Communication is an essential part of this role so you should be an excellent communicator, particularly in text-based communication and video conferencing. You should be comfortable communicating with people across cultures and at different levels of the company.
As a Product Owner on Altis, you will be responsible for guiding the development, continuous improvement and success of product development. You will work directly with the Director of Product, translating high-level vision and strategy into deliverables from ideation and specification through deployment. You will need to have a deep understanding of Altis’ target markets and have the ability to align feature development with customer demand, working to understand client and partner demands.
You’ll be working alongside a team of highly-skilled engineers, project managers and other contributors, and collaborating constantly with the sales and marketing teams to translate features into commercial value.
- Work with the Director of Product to create product plans, roadmaps and product strategies consistent with the company strategy
- Develop and manage the product backlog, working with the project manager to prioritise, adapt, and deliver, while managing scope, time and budget
- Collect and analyze feedback from clients, partners, and internal stakeholders to shape and refine requirements, features and end products
- Build and maintain an understanding of our target market, and transform customer problems into actionable requirements
- Coordinate a cross-functional team of engineers, project managers, and other contributors
- Write detailed feature briefs for upcoming features to enable them to be clearly understood by the delivery team and translated into commercial value
- 2+ years of experience in a B2B with a Saas product
- Background in product ownership for software development
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to proactively solve problems
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Understanding of WordPress development
- Knowledge of UX/UI principles for the development of online platforms
- Knowledge of cloud-based Saas solutions
- Salary range: £55,000 - £65,000 or local equivalent
- Flexible working
- 52 weeks parental leave
- 35 day maximum holiday policy
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer when you need it
- New phone every two years
- Office equipment when you need it